V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This newbie is a "pic'alcholic"!

I've got a new '06 superglide custom, no mods.

I'd like to see some pictures where the front turn signal has been relocated to the front of the fork, might give me some inspiration for me next mod.

Preferable small turn signals.

Ragnarök!

/Dan B

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Never seen this one before!

Very neat, very good looking!
This one needs further "investigation".

?Will it pass the "yearly motor vehicle inspection"?

Thanks a lot 35thGlider.

/Dan B

·
Registered
105 Posts
on the 06 they are a pain to relocate now because the wires are run internally through the switch housings. You have to remove the gas tank to do it in order to access the connectors...yee haw:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Though it's not a Dyna, I used the Dyna relocation kit on my Deuce. I did this the same time I did my internal wires on my bars. Not hard, just takes some time.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
Here is Harleys new turn signal relocation kit. I like it and it really cleans up the handlebar area.

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
Rooster said:
Though it's not a Dyna, I used the Dyna relocation kit on my Deuce. I did this the same time I did my internal wires on my bars. Not hard, just takes some time.

what kind of bracket system do those use, where did you get them? i love em, they loooook sweet!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looking at the picture, I believe those are the brackets I used on my 2000 WG. They are part #68952-98. I don't think they will fit a 2006 though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
dashooter said:
what kind of bracket system do those use, where did you get them? i love em, they loooook sweet!

They are standard Deuce style signals with Kuryakyn Deep Dish Bezels. The relocation brackets are HD Front Turn Signal Relocation Kit for FX Softail®and Dyna Wide Glide®Models 68952-98HD.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Prky Pg said:
Looking at the picture, I believe those are the brackets I used on my 2000 WG. They are part #68952-98. I don't think they will fit a 2006 though.
You'er right. I forgot thhat the Dynas went to a 49 mm fork. So none of the mounts above will work. It will probably be awhile untill HD and the aftermarket cathces up.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
The ones that are on the picture I submitted are also made for the 49MM front end. They are Harley pieces...

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got my HD relocation kit (and forward controls) today.
Will take some before and after pics and add them to this thread.

/Dan B

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a question about signal relocation on my Dyna. I bought a set of brackets on Ebay as shown below and I see how they are supposed to be used, but my turn signals have studs coming out of them that don't fit in the hole in the bracket. Has anybody used a bracket like this and how did you mount the turn signal to it?

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Relocated to the forks on my 2001....

Tony

·
Registered
22 Posts
The factory standard kit is a cinch to bolt on. Making the wiring look neat is another matter. However, since the whole area is grounded anyway, you only really need to route the "live" wire....
dyna piccy in "lets see those etc etc"

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I did the front turn signal relocation on my Dyna.
Here's some pictures.

/Dan B

1 - 20 of 20 Posts