V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it goes ,

I have a 03 dwg tc88.

I am in the search for a new set of pipes.
If i should go with seII slip-ons bolony cut would i need the stealership to
install a jet kit & hi flow air cleaner or is this somthing i could do myself.
I am very mechanically inclined. Mason by Trade Not a bad all around tradesman. I know i could install the slip-ons and high flow air cleaner but
not sure about the jets. I know what jets are & how the work. The problem is will the carberator need to be tuned by a pro or can i tweak it with your help? I also need to know what size jets to get and what hiflow
air cleaner would match up with the seII slip-ons. I know i am asking alot
but to a person like me working and understanding your own scoot is
very rewarding and part of the reason i bought the dwg in the first place.

Any help would be appreciated

skno

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
No big deal. There must be a zillon post on the subject. You have many choices on what you can do. The easy way out is to change the slow jet to a 46 or 48. The main up to a 195. You can tune different ways, with shimming the needel or changing it, but the top of the carb needs to come off for that. Just changing jets only the bottom needs removed and can even be done with to carb on the bike. The plug for the mix screw needs removing so you can tune (2~3 turns out usaly), This can be done with a 90 deg head drill and a 1/8" bit. Check out the web site for more info, I think its nightrider.com. The S/E air cleaner is one of the best going for the $$$.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Check out nightrider.com, suggested by Kags and do a forum search. This subject has been discussed, discussed, and discussed some more. Enjoy. Oh, you can do it yourself. Get a shop manuel for your model and get the instructions from nightrider to fill in the gaps. Have fun. J.T.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good deal

Thanks for the help fearnot69 & kags

I will order up the seII carb kit and slip-ons .
I then will be checking out nightridr.com

If I run into trouble imay post pics and call for help.

skno

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I too must recomend the service manual, some things are going to arise and you will need it. Also get the parts catalog as it gives excellent exploded views of all the assemblies and the part numbers so you don't have to wait while they look up the part number, and if you look it up you know it's right. With the part numbers you can order parts online at a discount from a couple of dealers !! Start with the manual for your first discount.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good alien

Thanks for all the help

skno

ps : i have no idea where to get this service manual i will check on line.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
If you can get the part number for your manual (someone might have it or ask your dealer) and then order from hales or chicago HD, I believe they both offer 20% discounts ?? Any others guys ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts