V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Reiman's in Kewanee IL back around the middle of August and on a handshake and a verbal commitment decided to get my 2003 Road King from there. They wouldn't take deposits whereas they said that it wasn't fair to their customers to sit on their money for months. If someone on the list wasn't serious, there were plenty of other buyers, and by not taking deposits they wouldn't have to go through refunds and other bookkeeping pains. Told me it would be about January for what I wanted. I kept in touch and about 3 weeks ago he called and asked if I would be interested in one sooner because he was getting a couple in above and beyond he allocation and he knew I was heart attack serious. I said HECK YES!. Bottom line, and a handshake and their word, I got my Road King without any BS markups at the out the door price quoted and sooner than I had been promised! When the last time you could trust a dealer to come through on a handshake?!??!:)

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
When was last time you could trust anyone to come through on just a handshake? Time was that and a man giving you his word was good enough. Now, you have to sign 50 pages of crap(damn lawyers) & put down a bunch of money.

BTW, Righteous ride!!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
The shop in Youngstown Ohio used to be like that.My buddy and his dad owned it.You could go in and drink coffe and bull s--t for hours and never buy anything.He also gave discounts to everyone.They also knew almost everyone by name.Parts he knew most of the numbers without looking them up.Bought 3 new bikes and a ton of stuff from them.That was before the Yuppie days of Boutique shops.Now they are a fashion show not a Harley shop.Rocky

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
therocks said:
The shop in Youngstown Ohio used to be like that.My buddy and his dad owned it.You could go in and drink coffe and bull s--t for hours and never buy anything.He also gave discounts to everyone.They also knew almost everyone by name.Parts he knew most of the numbers without looking them up.Bought 3 new bikes and a ton of stuff from them.That was before the Yuppie days of Boutique shops.Now they are a fashion show not a Harley shop.Rocky
That's the way Reimans is. Always got coffee and cookies out!. They are having a blood drive in a few weeks and I will be going up.

ride safe
kellyb

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah I miss the old days.I was goint to that shop since the late 60s.Now you walk in and it looks like a clothes outlet.Wish Harlet would go back to the old days.When they sold bikes instead of clothes.Rocky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts