V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joe Bonamassa!!! :banana: Also Foreigner and Vince Neil at this time.
Titties & beer, Titties & beer, I'm gonna get me some titties & beer!

The event is now open to all makes of motorcycles.:ymca: Bring in the wannabee's.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Next thing you know they will let any age in and there went the Titties and Beer.
One of the last old school rallies is on its way down that slippery slope.
Have fun sounds like a blast once again.

·
Registered
755 Posts
LittleBear said:
Next thing you know they will let any age in and there went the Titties and Beer.
One of the last old school rallies is on its way down that slippery slope.
Have fun sounds like a blast once again.
Blasphemy... never.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Do you have a link to the info website...I recently retired from the USN and i am looking for somewhere to go and celebrate

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
95 FXST said:
I've been to 3 Red Woods runs te last being 2001 and there have always been all makes, at least those 3 I went too.
I have been to several, specifically stated, American Made Motorcycles Only! I won't say I didn't see one or two others but never more than two at one rally.

Next thing you know, they'll be letting people bring their cars and trucks in.....

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
95 FXST said:
I've been to 3 Red Woods runs te last being 2001 and there have always been all makes, at least those 3 I went too.
I haven't been since '97 but it was pretty much American only back then.
They wouldn't shut out a guy on a Triumph chopper or something of that nature but overall all it was a Harley biker event and not for the goldwing set if ya know what I mean :dry:
Somehow I can't see a bunch of roadstar riders mixing it up with H/A from Frisco and Oakland and other 1% clubbers and indy bikers that are prevalent at the Redwoods.-2$en#e-

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I guess the group of wingers camping next to us (who later moved:roflback: )
didn't get the memo. But yes, it's 99.9% American.

And this is the best rally I've been to in the states. Only place with better rally's was in Duetschland.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I haven't been to Redwood since they last had it in ... July one year. I hope I'm right on that. Anyway, I had a blast and I havn't gone since they raised the fregg'n price to over a $100. However, runs like Holister and Laughlin just cost much more after they get done with the vasoline if ya know what I mean.

I miss the Redwood scene and party, so I'm going back this year and hopefully it hasn't gone down hill these past few years. Been awhile since I've been to a good old time party. I'm a crusty greybeard and the memories of good old partying are fading fast. (Along with my memory.... but lets not go there:whistle: )

Flatline

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Flatline said:
I haven't been to Redwood since they last had it in ... July one year. I hope I'm right on that. Anyway, I had a blast and I havn't gone since they raised the fregg'n price to over a $100. However, runs like Holister and Laughlin just cost much more after they get done with the vasoline if ya know what I mean.

I miss the Redwood scene and party, so I'm going back this year and hopefully it hasn't gone down hill these past few years. Been awhile since I've been to a good old time party. I'm a crusty greybeard and the memories of good old partying are fading fast. (Along with my memory.... but lets not go there:whistle: )

Flatline
Hey Flatty, try the Run 21 in Birkinfield OR in july, That is an ass kickin' old school party! Alot smaller, but a great run and $35 (last year) includes some awesome (adult) entertainment plus the two nights of live music into the wee hours and free alcahol both nights! IT IS A PARTY!!!
(SHHHH, don't tell anyone, it's a well kept secret!)

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Yep, Run 21 is a good time. Bike show is ride in only, entertainment is old school and the party is great. But now, everybody knows. Damm now I need to find one like that in TX.
!drunk!

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Thanks for the info on Run 21. Heck, and only a day ride just like the Redwood. . .They are on separate weekends so I'm a guessing I could go to both! Go to Redwood to meet some old friends and then jump up to Run 21 to meet some new ones. Sounds very good indeed. ?prty: :thanks:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Flatline said:
I miss the Redwood scene and party, so I'm going back this year and hopefully it hasn't gone down hill these past few years. Been awhile since I've been to a good old time party.
Flatline
It's alive and well... rest easy...:yes: !drunk! :boobies: :chopper: :cheers:

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just a little reminder to you slackers that haven't bought tickets or made plans yet. Less than two weeks to party time!
They have some decent bands lined up. If you haven't seen Joe Bonamasa play, you gotta. Last year he was on before Cheap Trick, and the crowd protested loudly when it was his turn to step down & let Cheap Trick have the stage.
See you there.
:chopper: :boobies: :beer4u:

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Joe Bonamassa was a little flat compared to last year.
Foreigner rocked! They haven't gotten stale like so many other veteran groups.
Weather was good.
Oh yeah, thank you girls! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts