V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 've heard you can get the ramps only for the reduced effort clutch kit that is stock on the 06 Dyna. I don't want to replace the spring in my SE kit.

Anybody know the part number for the Ramp only?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
ramps

Harris said:
The outer ramp is 25605-00. The inner ramp is 25604-00. The diaphragm spring is 37882-06.

Harris
Do you know if that includes the ball bearings? I guess that I could use my old ones.
greg

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MANY thanks !

·
Registered
651 Posts
Newer Version

I believe the PN's that Harris referenced are the old 21 degree ramps. The new ('06) version with the 18* ramps have an "A" suffix.

25604-00A-inner
25605-00A-outer

See Service Parts list in the attachment.

G

·
Mikie said:
I believe the PN's that Harris referenced are the old 21 degree ramps. The new ('06) version with the 18* ramps have an "A" suffix.

25604-00A-inner
25605-00A-outer

See Service Parts list in the attachment.
Good catch. In the directions for the reduced effort kit, it did not add the "A" suffix, and I didn't look at the P/N of the stock ones until your post, but they are the same.

I did notice that the ramps have either "18" or "21" cast into them.

Harris

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the clarification !!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The reduced effort on the new Dyna's is real nice , even back to stock is a plus although I'm getting used to the heavier pull. Hey Mega ..thanks for your insight.. man o man I'm likin the new power

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been playin guitar and bass for 30+ years , plenty of strength in the left.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
What about just the ramps? I got the 21 ramps. Got the ramps out right now and was thinking about replacing. I wouldn't think there would be an issue with a 98", since your not change springs r diaphragm??

·
"What's this do?"
230 Posts
berserker, I put the 18* in my softail; changed nothing else. Works fine. I wanted to do it while I had the exhaust off. However, when I get around to it, I'm going to install the SE spring. I also changed over to Amsoil Super Shift transmission fluid in the primary. I like it. Hooks up nice; shifts well.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Is it any better, less effort, with jsut the 18 ramps?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts