V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all who replied. I have 2 tachs, one was on my bike when it was wrecked (it needed the glass replaced), the other came from a sportster (redline marked at 6200). The redline on the one from my bike was marked at 5500. I bought my bike after someone "fixed" (and I use that term VERY loosely) it, so I don't know for certain that the tach that came with it is original. I managed to replace the glass and am trying to decide which tach I want to keep and which I should get rid of. The "original" matches the speedometer, the one from the sportster looks real close, but not identical. The "decision" comes into play in that I want to do an ignition swap and possibly cams within the next year. If I do that the sporty would be marked to what the redline is, while the stock one won't. Not that it's any big deal. I just thought I'd explain why I asked the question.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
PowerCobra98 said:
Well I must be at 6200rpm then with my Stage 1 but damn if I know where that's at without a tach. :crying:
With your '06 Dyna, you should be right about here at 6200 rpm.
1st 47.5
2nd 68.5
3rd 92.0
4th 113.8
5th 135.2
6th 158.2

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
murphdog said:

5th 135.2
6th 158.2
This, I'd like to see.

In 5th and 6th gear, redline is also quite often known as "brown-streak"!
:brows:

That you won't need a tach for.

·
Registered
181 Posts
murphdog said:
1st 47.5
2nd 68.5
3rd 92.0
4th 113.8
5th 135.2
6th 158.2
Holy crap...talk about winding it out!!!

I suppose if I ever decide to wind it out on a regular basis then I'll get a tach so I can see where I'm at...I'd rather see a needle than try to remember numbers. But I pretty much just bought the bike for easy cruising, if I want to go high rpm and hear an engine roar I'll get in the Cobra and stomp down 7000 rpm with 11 lbs of boost. :banana:

Thanks for posting the numbers and/or doing the math...I'll keep those in mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts