95 JUGS
SE 257 CAM
SE CNC HEADS
MIKUNI 45
THUNDERHEADER 2-1
3:37 GEARING
Energy 1 Clutch Plates
SE diaphragm

I had read that using the Redline Heavy would help shifting performance...
anyone want to weigh in on this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use the Heavy Shockproof in my tranny. It shifts real nice. Do not use it in the primary. Red Line recommends their MTL for the primary.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
LavaKing said:
I use the Heavy Shockproof in my tranny. It shifts real nice. Do not use it in the primary. Red Line recommends their MTL for the primary.
@gree: Exactly!

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
- RL Shockproof "Heavy" for the trans.
- RL MTL for the primary
- RL 20W/50 or 20W/60 (southern climate) for the engine.
- K&N Performace Gold Oil Filter
- Baisley Spring

It doesn't get any better than that...

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I may go to redline, just to identify leaks. Not to mention pia reading dipstick.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Redline all the way. Your trans will never have it so good. BTW, the engine oil is syn and it isn't red...just the MTL and Shockproof Heavy.

Thorns

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
berserker said:
I may go to redline, just to identify leaks. Not to mention pia reading dipstick.
That is how I found the shift shaft seal leak... no doubt where it was coming from. The MoCo has a new and improved seal by the way.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
8-Ball said:
That is how I found the shift shaft seal leak... no doubt where it was coming from. The MoCo has a new and improved seal by the way.
I already got cometic. Old ones out, haven't installed new one yet.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
berserker said:
I already got cometic. Old ones out, haven't installed new one yet.
I was going with the cometic until the dealer showed me the new MoCo version. It was easier... in stock... so I went with the new HD version. He showed it to me and it looked to be a similar design to the cometic. I guess we will see.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Where is the best place to purchase Redline products?? I know I run in my jeep's 5 speed manual tranny (AX-15) and it made a big difference...
Thanks, Chuck

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
Well, I only ran Red-Line oils for years but this year I've decided to give George some business and decided to give Amsoil a try for a while. Their products are very similar and if you order direct from him he gives you a 6 month membership and the oil is cheaper. And he's a site sponsor!!:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts