V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
old biker beatch
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope to see a few new chats on here as I'm stuck at home recuperating... My bike is in the garage and it's winter in Maine so I guess it was just as well to have things happen when they did. Had open heart surgery for a bypass a few weeks ago and, I can tell ya, it'll be a while before I wear a 2-piece again! Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a very SAFE but fun New Years!
Carrie

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Continued good health to you Lady Bacon - take care, and a Merry Christmas to you!

·
old biker beatch
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx folks, your wishes mean a lot...
Carrie

·
Retired TMCM(SS)
539 Posts
Keep your chin up..........I had rotator cuff surgery in January and for a long while it felt like I would never be whole again. Time passes and things are fine for me and will be for you. While I recuperated, I checked in on this forum everyday and the people here seem like old friends even though we have never met. Merry Christmas and all God's blessings to you and your family during this time that you AND your bike are on the trickle charger.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Here's to a speedy recovery and may you heal well Carrie. Merry Christmas to you and your family and all the best in the new year.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
Glad that you are still with us. Those op's are scary.

Hope you feel better soon and have a Merry Christmas.

rkc

·
Registered
42 Posts
Merry Christmas and here is to hoping for a thorough recovery. The other version of this is no cakewalk either, but you and I are still here and that is what counts!

·
old biker beatch
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dear brothers and sisters: thank you so much for your wishes - they mean so very much to me, right now... I saw my cardiologist this morning and he says I'm doing better than expected - may start cardiac rehab towards the middle of January and I may be able to return to work, part-time, the last week of February... Hey, first time I'll have BOTH Christmas and New Years off!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Carrie (see I already feel like I know you) In 2007 I witnessed a bad accident while coming home from my Fiances birthday party. I found that I had tremendous difficulty dragging the driver out of the car (it was on fire, I was probably showing off for my girlfriend hoping to get lucky) It seems i had 5 blocked arteries and I was probably going into defib. A couple days later Bingo!, Quad bypass. I went from Harley riding ex Coastie cable splicer to invalid, worst ecu nurses nightmare. I went through some pretty bad times but I want to tell you it gets better. PM me any time. Hang in there. You will be happy again, Believe me. (I went back to work for 4 more years in a pretty tough job).I left on my terms.

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Carrie, I pray that you have a full recovery and get back to where you can ride long and hard as you used to do.. ;)

·
old biker beatch
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank You, Coastie and Coolmaker - your wishes are very much appreciated! Things are getting better, week by week. I'm able to drive again but haven't gone out much - shopping and the coffee shop, mostly. Yeah, snowing so wouldn't be riding, anyhoo! Still, the bike is on the tricklecharger, my doctor says everything is doing well and I started cardiac rehab yesterday - have a few weeks of that and hopefully be back to work the end of February. Still, there ARE some very nice things about being home - as my husband is retired we have every day and night together - we're a stay-at-home couple, anyway, so that part of not working has been wonderful! Been reading a bunch of great books, watching dvd's and trying to not get fat!
Carrie

·
old biker beatch
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Went back to work this past week: I did two, six-hour days and was tired at the end of the days, even though I mostly sat out at the triage desk. Feels so good to be back to work, although only half-time for the next few weeks (3 X 6 = 18 hr weeks) because running around an ER will be tiring until I get some more stamina back, I guess. But the good thing is, when late April rolls around, I'll be MORE than ready to hop on my bike - ESPECIALLY after all the horseshit this entailed!

PS - per my last post? Got fat, anyways GRRR...
PPS - Hubby says he'll help me work it off... Wonder what THAT means?
PPPS *meow*

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Glad to hear you are well on your way to recovering from a very serious operation. My brother and my wife's best friend went through it, and I hope I never have to after hearing them talk about it. Hopefully you'll be close to 100% by the time riding season comes along so you can get back in the saddle again!

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Hi, Carrie. I saw your post and want to wish you well. I see you're back at work so things must be getting better! Here in SC it's beautiful riding right now - mid70s most days. I was going to get surgery two days ago for some herniated discs in my neck, but I put it off because I don't want to be cooped up during the best time of the year for riding (well, besides fall). I hope you're riding and enjoying, and believe it or not, there are some cute one pieces out there! Check V's Secret catalog for the best ones.

·
old biker beatch
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Lyndy,
Thanx for the note! The weather was nice a couple of weeks ago and I had the bike out - it felt great to be back on two wheels again. Just what I needed. But then the weather went back to winter again, so I guess it'll be a few weeks before spring truly gets to Maine. Hope everyone on the forum has nice weather and stays upright...
Carrie

1 - 20 of 25 Posts