V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good tuner for a 2006 HS Deluxe FLSTNI. Nothing special , not interested in an hiigh permformance stuff. Just want to keep things up to par without spending a lot of money, Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
....Just want to keep things up to par without spending a lot of money....
Instead of a tuner, buy yourself a real shop manual for your year/model bike. If you feel crazy, buy the parts book and electrical diagnostics manual too. School yourself on the ins and outs of your bike, even if you farm the work out to someone else. These bikes can be almost trouble free, or maintenance whores. Flip a coin.

Your bike is getting to the age where things that were OK are beginning to show that age. Lots of seals and o rings. They might never cause a problem.

Spend some quality time researching known problems for the powertrain and electrics for the early TC bikes. Not knowing your history with the bike, I would say you bought it within the last year or 2. Low miles and looking sharp. Little to no maintenance history. There are some things that will cause you a lot of grief if you don't stay ahead of them. Or at least recognize them and react accordingly.

Find yourself an Indy that you feel comfortable with. Someone that can do the things you don't want to tackle, or buy the special tool to do. Take advantage of his/her experience.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Instead of a tuner, buy yourself a real shop manual for your year/model bike. If you feel crazy, buy the parts book and electrical diagnostics manual too. School yourself on the ins and outs of your bike, even if you farm the work out to someone else. These bikes can be almost trouble free, or maintenance whores. Flip a coin.

Your bike is getting to the age where things that were OK are beginning to show that age. Lots of seals and o rings. They might never cause a problem.

Spend some quality time researching known problems for the powertrain and electrics for the early TC bikes. Not knowing your history with the bike, I would say you bought it within the last year or 2. Low miles and looking sharp. Little to no maintenance history. There are some things that will cause you a lot of grief if you don't stay ahead of them. Or at least recognize them and react accordingly.

Find yourself an Indy that you feel comfortable with. Someone that can do the things you don't want to tackle, or buy the special tool to do. Take advantage of his/her experience.

OK I have a manual and I've done all my own work for 50 years. I'm not adapted to these EFI POS. Things I can't do without a $500.00 tuner. How about you bring your manual and adjust my fuel to air ratio. Give me a carb and points anyday.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Plenty of old bikes out there. I'm sure someone would be willing to trade one if you sweeten the deal enough.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What is the actual real issue you are trying to fix? If the bike is running fine just ride! Keeping things with par? With what or who? If you are looking for more out of the bike you will need more then just a tuner!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looking for a good tuner for a 2006 HS Deluxe FLSTNI. Nothing special , not interested in an hiigh permformance stuff. Just want to keep things up to par without spending a lot of money, Thanks in advance

Nothing like the ol 'I know you asked about this but you dont want that, you want this'.

Tuners for fuel injected bikes can get very emotional on bike forums. Everyone thinks that what they have is the best and they will defend that until they get banned.

To answer your question, Power Vision and TTS are really at the top of food chain. I have used them both, no preference to either. Tow-May-Tow/Tow-Mah-Tow.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,417 Posts
Nothing like the ol 'I know you asked about this but you dont want that, you want this'.

Tuners for fuel injected bikes can get very emotional on bike forums. Everyone thinks that what they have is the best and they will defend that until they get banned.

To answer your question, Power Vision and TTS are really at the top of food chain. I have used them both, no preference to either. Tow-May-Tow/Tow-Mah-Tow.
Teh-May-Ter

Reactions: kbf98520

·
Registered
17,688 Posts
Teh-May-Ter
And I thought it was mater.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts