V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a cell phone handlebar holder you really like? There are so many to choose from - don't know which one to go with. I need one for my Road King so I can use WAZE on my Galaxy S3 phone.

·
moved on
13,396 Posts
are you familiar with the concept of distracted driving, IMO there is NO reason to have a phone (smart or otherwise) anywhere near your attention zone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you familiar with the concept of distracted driving, IMO there is NO reason to have a phone (smart or otherwise) anywhere near your attention zone.
Thanks for the unhelpful comment, Mother.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
I've got a gps mounted. I believe it makes me safer. When I am going somewhere unfamiliar, I generally don't have to read street signs. A quick glance at the gps tells me when to turn and in what direction. My eyes are on the road more of the time.

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
2,040 Posts
Ditto RAM Mounts.
Also available at most Bass Pro Shops locations in the boating section in case you want to hold it before you buy it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have a cell phone handlebar holder you really like? There are so many to choose from - don't know which one to go with. I need one for my Road King so I can use WAZE on my Galaxy S3 phone.
Why would you want your cell phone to hold your handlebar? I just use the handlebar clamp...

·
moved on
13,396 Posts
So according to my latest studies, ODOT and FDOT both think looking at, fidgeting with, or otherwise taking attention off the road, is not OK and can loose CDL.
Granted, large part of the lessons are based on safety, and avoiding accidents, there was a nice chapter on recognizing hazards before they become emergencies. Part of that awareness was what the assholes around you are doing. Road rage and innattentive assholes are a couple of the warning signs EVERYBODY now has to pay attention too. Among a few others, was to watch for drives/riders/bikers looking at some device.
Your opinion might vary

I'm just not good at multitasking.
carry on

:flames:

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
I have never had a hands free device for my mobile phone for either the car of the bike because I don't want to talk while driving or riding. I found long ago that talking on the mobile phone was much more distracting than talking to someone in the car. I don't want to even know if someone is calling. I'll find out when I'm not moving. That's ok with me.

That said, I repeat what I said before. I believe the gps is different. It helps to keep my eyes more on the road in front of me and not looking for street or traffic signs.

·
not sober all the time
5,123 Posts
So according to my latest studies, ODOT and FDOT both think looking at, fidgeting with, or otherwise taking attention off the road, is not OK and can loose CDL.
Granted, large part of the lessons are based on safety, and avoiding accidents, there was a nice chapter on recognizing hazards before they become emergencies. Part of that awareness was what the assholes around you are doing. Road rage and innattentive assholes are a couple of the warning signs EVERYBODY now has to pay attention too. Among a few others, was to watch for drives/riders/bikers looking at some device.
Your opinion might vary

I'm just not good at multitasking.
carry on

:flames:
Just plain common sense the way I see it. :beer:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I throw my cellphone in my saddlebag and don't give it another thought until I stop riding. Don't use a bluetooth either because when I go for a ride, I can't think of anybody I want to talk to. Don't use a GPS, can't imagine ever needing one. And yes , I do ride a lot, 60K miles in 4 yrs, 15 states. I ride to get away from all that stuff.
I'm probably in the minority in this technically advanced world we live in, but too old to change now.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
I tend to agree, my advice is put it in your pocket, got enough assholes in cages trying to kill you because they are to busy texting to have enough concern for any rider's life.
In case you have not noticed, you hit a nerve

·
moved on
13,396 Posts
I tend to agree, my advice is put it in your pocket, got enough assholes in cages trying to kill you because they are to busy texting to have enough concern for any rider's life.
In case you have not noticed, you hit a nerve
Who me???

how could that possibly happen?

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I've been calling those driders, they drive their bikes like they're still in a car.

I always counted it a plus when I got lost.
Best part about riding with a GPS is geting lost, then using it to figure out where you are so you can get home. I find a GPS far less distracting than trying to glance at a map, or use a sextant as I am sure some of you do. :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts