V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats your favorite?

I would like one that also has the paging system, and one that is small enoufgh to be mounted in a hidden area.

Any reccomendations?

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Lojack

LOJACK FOR MOTORCYCLES

THE LEADER IN STOLEN VEHICLE RECOVERY IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR MOTORCYCLES

More than 55,000 bikes were stolen in 2003. That's one bike every 9.5 minutes*. Truth is, if the bad guys really want your bike, they're going to get it. And once it's gone, it's gone. Now with LoJack For Motorcycles, if someone steals your bike, we can help you get it back -fast.

INTRODUCING LOJACK FOR MOTORCYCLES

LoJack for motorcycles uses a small, silent transmitter that's hidden within your motorcycle. Once police enter a stolen vehicle report, LoJack is automatically activated and enables the police to track and recover your motorcycle.

THE LOJACK ADVANTAGE

It's the only stolen vehicle recovery system that works directly with the police using tracking computers in police cars, planes, and helicopters
Two year warranty offering your money back if it isn't recovered in 24 hours.
You may qualify for an Insurance discount**

Harley-Davidson
Bartell's Harley Davidson
4141 Lincoln Blvd.
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Phone: (310) 823-1112

·
Registered
645 Posts
Amen! LoJack works awesome. I had it installed by the dealer when I purchased a car quite a few years back. One night, I seen and heard (alarm going off) my car pulling out of my driveway. I called the cops and the LoJack company. A little while later, I recieved a call telling me they located my car but... there was a problem! The car was "stolen" by Mr Repo.. and resides at the repo mans lot! Doh..! lol. Anyhooo... It did work as explained! :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Loch said:
Here you go! Alarm with siren and pager all for just a few bucks more than the OEM without siren and pager.

http://www.scorpioalarms.com/sr-i500.aspx
I bought their old Thunder pager system four years ago. I have had no problems and I just talked to them yesterday about upgrading to the Scorpio model. They have a new model coming out in about two weeks, so I'm waiting for that, but I'm absolutely staying with them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
DesertRat said:
I bought their old Thunder pager system four years ago. I have had no problems and I just talked to them yesterday about upgrading to the Scorpio model. They have a new model coming out in about two weeks, so I'm waiting for that, but I'm absolutely staying with them.

Yup...scorpio's are awesome!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone have the Scorpio 500 with the perimiter sensor?

It doesn't put the alarm off if someone just walks by the bike, does it?

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
PeepingTom said:
Does anyone have the Scorpio 500 with the perimiter sensor?

It doesn't put the alarm off if someone just walks by the bike, does it?
I do. The factory setting is about right. Take it and turn it full counterclockwise (lowest sensitivity). Then turn it clockwise about 1/16" of an inch. Put a piece of velcro on the top side of the sensor and attach it to the underside of the seat. When I arm the system I can walk around the bike without setting it off. But if someone while standing up and leaning over the seat is being a nosey SOB, it will give off warning chirps.

·
Registered
122 Posts
timbo said:
I second the Scorpio i500. Of all places Ron Ayers has the best price on this system. Wish I had known that before I bought mine. Scorpio is the OEM supplier of HD's alarms.

The pager/FOB unit is awesome.

http://www.ronayers.com/catalogs/pu/parts.cfm?topsecid=6&subsecid=35&secid=136&type=464
Actually if you go to Zanotti’s you will find the SR-i500 in the Drag Specialties Catalog they have linked to there site. Then you take the Drag Specialties part number and enter it into the Zanotti’s quote window and it’s $238.68.

Under search for part you need to change it from Harley to Aftermarket and then enter the Drag Specialties part number, which is 4020-0004.

www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/pLookUp.php

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.