V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these aren't Japanese Cruisers but I thought maybe there might be someone out there that owns this bike that would want to know.

2000 Suzuki SV650 Motorcycles Recalled - The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has published the recall of certain 2000 Suzuki SV650 motorcycles, manufactured between July - December, 1999, because the motorcycle crankcase design allows the creation of air pockets near the oil pump inlet due to sloshing of the oil in the crankcase. If the oil pump draws air, inadequate lubrication to the engine occurs, causing severe engine damage and resulting in engine failure. Sudden engine failure while riding could cause rear wheel lockup, causing the driver to lose control of the motorcycle.

Honda Recalls CBR939RR Motorcycle - The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has published a recall affecting the 2000 and 2001 Honda CBR939RR motorcycle. The affected models were manufactured between September 1999 and November 2000.
On certain motorcycles, when the clutch lever is released to the friction point, but the lever is not completely released to fully engage the clutch, strong clutch disk vibration could occur at the higher engine rpms used for rapid or race-type starts. This stress can cause the clutch to fail. This failure results in several large sections cracking and eventually separating from the clutch. If this occurs, rear lock-up is possible if a broken piece is caught in the primary drive gear. The engine could lose primary ignition and stop suddenly if a broken piece damages the pulsar rotor. Also, engine oil can leak from the crankcase if a broken piece is forced through the crankcase. The spilled oil could cause the rear wheel to lose traction and the motorcycle could crash.

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, Thanks! I was kind of shocked to see your post / reply -- I figured a seasoned rider like yourself would be on the road -- distination Sturgis. You're not going this year?

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gosh Darn, I just made myself look foolish. No wonder my buddies weren't talking about 2002, all the talk was for 2003. I thought they were just being nice and didn't want me to feel bad because they knew I wouldn't have my bike yet. Boy do I feel better -- I didn't miss it after all :)
Thanks for setting me straight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.