V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 fxrs with a fully rebuilt motor with forged pistons adj. pushrods hot cam super e carb ect. its still the 1340 (+.010). My stator cover magnets scattered everywhere and I recently replaced the stator cover regulator battery ect. Now I have no oil pressure and I get a noise from the bottom end. I thought it was the compensator so I replaced it and then I checked my oil pressure gauge and it doesnt budge off 0psi so I have issues somewhere. Is there a common problem that I should check for? More importantly is there a easy and cheap fix?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The motor was built about 6 years ago and probably has 40-90k on it (I have no gauges on bike except oil pressure) so priming I doubt would be the problem. I pulled the dipstick when it was running and it pumped out oil all over so I think its working? The lines all look ok, do the oil pumps fail often? I should also mention that I ride this really hard, the guys I ride with are all on *** sportbikes and I try to keep up so it see's full throttle more than not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts