V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After visiting this site for a while and enjoying the reading,was wondering why or what motivates us to upgrade our bikes.Mine comes from loving the sound of a HotRodded engine,the feel of handlebar bending torque,looking at a modified bike and just talking to bros with the same interests.What are some of your reasons?
My Rides:
02 RK S&S 124" Evo
06 RK R&R 155" Twincam
Dog

·
GoFast!
263 Posts
You will probably find that the vast majority of us were into hot-rodding cars as teenagers.

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
My girl & I were riding up to Mount St. Helens on the Ultra when this guy in a hopped up F 250 diesel pickup made me have to work at passing him. Nossir, stage one just wasn't enough.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I started with a Vrodin 04 and was hooked. Nice and fast to start with. Friends then looked at hopping up their Twin Cams and i knew that their had to be better and cheaper ways than HD. I have since built and destroyed a 107 in my Dyna and i'm now going to the 117. When i ride a stocker- it hurts.
Will never ride a Stock Harley again. Power is fun and Torque is better.
G
Have a couple of more steps to go from 117 to the 155 of Dog.
By the way, i was never allowed to have toys as a boy/manchild and have no need to have hotted up car. I'm a bike man.
karlrockdrain

·
OBSESSED
1,070 Posts
For me I can leave anything alone. Always have to tinker. Thinking of goin' to 113" over the winter. It will be my third build in four years! Probably will never be satisfied. Gets expensive though. To quote Mario Andretti " When you think your in control your not goin' fast enough".

Dave

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
DRG said:
For me I can leave anything alone. Always have to tinker. Probably will never be satisfied. Gets expensive though. To quote Mario Andretti " When you think your in control your not goin' fast enough".
Dave

@gree: I totally agree, fast just isn't fast enough. I have 124" next time it'll be a 155" R&R Rocket. :thumbsup:

{salute( :spank: {salute(

·
Opinions Vary
161 Posts
For me it's the G-Force . . .
Going fast is okay-

But going QUICK! Having to hang on tight!
Fighting the force that's trying to dislodge you from your mount!
That's what I like about performance . . . .

·
Registered
174 Posts
like jelly

I rode stock sportsters. Then hopped em up. Then stock baggers. Then hopped them up. More is always better. Before the modifications, I rode through most of New Mexico one day with my throttle lock locked at full throttle and I rarely went past 80 (Big man, Big stock bike loaded). For me it is not so much stop light wars but crackin the throttle in 3rd going up a hill and moving. Is there a limit? Sure. Boss Hoss type stuff is just 'too much' for my taste. I am working on the 124 on my ultra. We will see how that all plays out. I could see something like the 155 but who knows.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
For me, it's knowing that if the guy at the light next to me wants to go, he'll have to work for it.

Haven't started building the TC yet, but the sporty surprised more than a few.

(Disclaimer: Street racing is not smart and should not be done)

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
dog155 said:
After visiting this site for a while and enjoying the reading,was wondering why or what motivates us to upgrade our bikes.Mine comes from loving the sound of a HotRodded engine,the feel of handlebar bending torque,looking at a modified bike and just talking to bros with the same interests.What are some of your reasons?
My Rides:
02 RK S&S 124" Evo
06 RK R&R 155" Twincam
Dog
Mine is bigger than yours!!!!!

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Just because you can has alwyas been my personal reason. kinda like my 62 chevy truck with a killer stroker motor and a tko 600 5 speed trans. I could have bought a mild crate motor and a auto trans but what fun would that have been. Nothing like dusting off a Z06 vette in a old truck. :thumbsup: Not to mention the sound of a small block at 7 grand nothing but pure MUSIC

·
Cruisin' on down the road
600 Posts
Reasons for Performance Upgrades???

Because Steve (GMR) said so. :roflback: :hystria:

:chopper:

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
For me, the upgrades usually are the result of the stock part wearing out or failing. Air cleaner dirty - upgrade. Cam tensioner worn out - in goes gear drive cams, oil pump, baisley spring. Head gasket leaking - time for valve job, porting, and as long as the heads are off, bore the cylinders. Exhaust, well that was the first to go, just to get the sound. So far I haven't had to open up the case (knock on wood), but when I do, in will go the stroker.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
That korean poop is more powerful than you fantastic, expensive and with a lot of chrome, new Ultra 2008

Hyosung_Custom_Aquila_650_-_Suzuki_Intruder_M800_2696_10 (Small).jpg

Not convinced?

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
jellopis said:
That korean poop is more powerful than you fantastic, expensive and with a lot of chrome, new Ultra 2008

View attachment 43157

Not convinced?
If 6'0" is too tall for a Sporster then 5'0" will be too tall for this jewell.
Methinks we've wandered off topic...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Because a stock Harley is just ok for power. And because I built cars when I was younger, it's the hot rodder in all of us. Got to go faster.

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
toProFile said:
For me it's the G-Force . . .
Going fast is okay-

But going QUICK! Having to hang on tight!
Fighting the force that's trying to dislodge you from your mount!
That's what I like about performance . . . .
Yeah, it's all about the G's. I think that is why sky diving bored me. Zero gravity.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts