V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a reasonable time/charge to put on 1550 cylinders,pistons, heads, geared cams & adjustable push rods. these are going into and on a 2001 Flhpi. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
My wrench charged 6 hours but could have easily charged 8, I was there and know how long it took him. That included the SE clutch spring which is a primary pull so an extra hour I didn't use adjustable pushrods so that is a time saver too plus I have a real easy exhaust to get off and on(propipe).
I have heard everything up to 17 hours which is what former member here charges.
I'd figure 8-10 tops...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did my own change and took 16hrs...first timer....but could be done in less time....I'd say...est..9-10 hrs..proficiently...

Randy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the numbers guys.... now i have a bigger problem PC or SERT.. everyone in mid michigan says PC only because they cant tune the SERT not even the dealers. i have talked with several people on this subject and its spilt down the center. I like the idea of the SERT just cant find a tuner. so im stuck with this problem.. PC to get custom map or SERT canned map for now..

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Bill Bishop (Hammer) is in Michigan and he can tune the bike. He also has Direct Link software to tune it.

Not sure how close he may be to your location in MI.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
FLHPI, where in Mi. are you located? Hippo is correct about Bishops Performance, also Sean @ American H-D in Ann Arbor, and Ray C's in Lapeer have done many SERT's. I try to avoid when possible bolting on a part like the PC that functions to "fool" the ECM. JMHO.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Hippo and compressor, i live 20 miles east of Bay City (in the Thumb) but I will travel to get what i want done if done correctly. i was getting pissed about every dealer in the area trying to push the PC over the SERT. i think that was because they did not understand it or what it was capable of doing. thanks for the sites i will check them out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.