V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 Heritage

Has anyone made their rear turn signals be on all the time like the fronts? If so how hard is it to do. I want to be seen at night as much as possible as people here as well as other cities just do not pay attention. Frick'n morons.

Also any suggestions for higher output replacement bulbs all around. Head, turn, passing and brake. I seen some on Dennis Kirk I think they were like $45.00 per bulb. What a joke. :yikes:

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Desert_Comm said:
92 Heritage

Has anyone made their rear turn signals be on all the time like the fronts? If so how hard is it to do. I want to be seen at night as much as possible as people here as well as other cities just do not pay attention.
look at the BIKETRONICS modules...Made in USA...I bought the Tailstopper module through Dennis Kirk. i put on red lenses from H-D...but am going to put red bulbs in when i find them and then put smoke lenses on.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
xkvator said:
look at the BIKETRONICS modules...Made in USA...I bought the Tailstopper module through Dennis Kirk. i put on red lenses from H-D...but am going to put red bulbs in when i find them and then put smoke lenses on.
That's what I used to have, the red bulbs and smoke lenses. Only problem is that unless you have LED's the red bulbs never really look 100 percent RED. So they end up looking kind of funny with the taillight on. I had the Smoked LED Taillight and Smoked Turn Signals but I went to all red just to make it look better. Just my -2$en#e-

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
sr1032 said:
...the red bulbs never really look 100 percent RED. So they end up looking kind of funny with the taillight on.
THANKS for the tip sr
I'll just keep the red lenses on for now.
red looks ok, but i had to get the amber lenses off...just didnt look good to me with the blue/silver paint

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you saying you run rear turn signals with red? If so I do not know if that is legal in AZ, But back to my most important question.

"Has anyone made their rear turn signals be on all the time like the fronts?"

Thx.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't like the voltage dropping boxes, plus I don't like rear running lights on in the daytime. I feel that having 3 brake lights gets your attention better when the turn signals go from off to on instead of dim to bright (daytime). However, at night I did want them on as parking lights.

I already had the red lenses and brake/turn module from H-D. So, I bought front turn lights p/n 68766-94. These bolt right on and have the dual filament bulb and wiring. I soldered the factory connections on the ground and brake turn circuits. Then I ran the parking circuit up to the accessory connector. Now I have brake/turns all the time, and extra parking lights when I hit the accessory switch. The extra running lights help on the highway at night, but I don't like them on during the day.

Ok, maybe I miss playing with the chicken lights on the truck. But hey, Harley gave me a switch and I had to use it for something right?!

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Desert_Comm said:
Are you saying you run rear turn signals with red? If so I do not know if that is legal in AZ, But back to my most important question.

"Has anyone made their rear turn signals be on all the time like the fronts?"

Thx.
go to www.biketron.com website and click on TAILRUNNER in left column

·
Registered
10 Posts
Xkvator, is this Tailrunner similar to Kuryakyn's Run-Turn-Brake controller? I put one on my '02 Heritage and it works as advertised. What I'd really like to do is convert my rear signals to dual filament, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts