V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I change the tires on my 2001 wide glide and the alinements and spacer are all correct (checked 3 times) but the rear tire is not in the center of the finder its 1/6" for the left and a good 1/2" to 3/4" from right why is this. I called the dealer and talk to tec and he said some are like that I can't believe this need help. A few weeks ago my rear tire took out the wires for my left turn light never checked the tire. I checked my top motor mount( got this info from here) and moved it two turns in and now I have about and 1/8" for left and everything is still level . can I go more turns on the top motor mount

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's the fender, take the fender off, the chrome rear fender struts, take a big pipe and tweak the fender struts over, trial and error fit the fender before fastening it. I had to do this to mine. It was way over to the left, tire almost out of the fender on the left side. It isn't anything with your engine mounts or wheels or spacers or swing arm or anything like that.
After doing this, my tire now fits perfectly centered in the rear fender opening when looking at it from the rear. 04 dyna lowrider

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I beleive this to be normal. Went through the same concern back in 2001 when I purchased my RK new. Looked into it extensively including looking at many other 2001 models and all of them that I looked at exhibited the same characteristics

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info I was about to pull my hair out, moved everthing back last night will look into finder. Thanks again Danny

·
Registered
646 Posts
Is not gonna be centered in the fender on all models. Just be sure the center of the tire is lined up with the center of the frames back bone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My '02 RK is the same way. Was checking clearance for a 150 tire and it's pretty tight on the left side and plenty of room on the right side of the fender. After much measureing and pulling strings, the fender is straight and centered with the back bone. What I found is the swing arm is about a 1/4 inch to the left side at the front where it goes between the frame up rights. Not sure why, I'm thinking spacers are wrong, or bearings are bad or ?.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts