V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the interstate and a harley came by me an put on his brakes. His tail light looked like a police stobe light. It really gets your attention. What was this and where can I get this set up? I feel like it would be a life saver.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I was on the interstate and a harley came by me an put on his brakes. His tail light looked like a police stobe light. It really gets your attention. What was this and where can I get this set up? I feel like it would be a life saver.
I think it's called the "Bright Ass Tailight" and most Harley shops cary them. I think they're about $200.00 but don't hold me to that. The light has a ton of different light patterns you can use. I think they should be stock on all bikes. Plan to get one myself one day.

·
Retired TMCM(SS)
539 Posts
My wife just got me one for my birthday - easy install and really bright. Light patterns can be set by touching the included magnet to the lens. Love it; $200 plus tax.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I don't have that one, but I do have the one that flashes the brake light 3 times each time you apply brakes. I can tell you that since I installed this one people don't tailgate me nearly as much. Get it, it's good insurance.

·
blipper
5,199 Posts
Not disagreeing with the posts here, just had to say that my old man's tailight on his FXDL used to drive me up the wall when he led; which was all the time. He had the run-turn-brake unit installed and that was fine by me. However, when the brakes were applied the red LEDs inside the tail light would rotate, swirl, spin, whatever-you-call-it and that would definitely grab your attention. During a stop I struggled to keep my eyes up and off of that stupid light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts