V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I saw a picture of the tool needed to adjust the rear suspension on the V-Rod but just can't seem to find it now. It amazes me that H-D didn't include this tool with the bike but anyway I am trying to purchase one and had no luck at my local H-D store. They didn't know what I was talking about.
Does anyone know the part number and can anyone give some advice on which settings work best for different weights of rider and passenger?

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks Quicksilver. I knew I had seen a pic of it somewhere.
Unfortunately that part number doesn't show up on the HD website search. I'll show the parts guy the pic and see what happens.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can get an aftermarket wrench. I picked up a spanner wrench for under $10 that works fine. Unfortuneatley I threw out the specifics but its the same spanner used on all HD models.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
What should be the correct adjustment for 205lb. driver and 105lbs. passenger. Is there a guide to follow?

·
Registered
543 Posts
shock settings

I set mine at 3, but it is pretty stiff, I may set it back down. I weigh about 220 and carry passengers occasionally. If you carry a passenger a lot, I would set it at 3 or 4 depending on your combined weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts