V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one fabricated a rear mount to replace the stock one that is removed when you put samson true duals on a road king? If so would you be willing to share the design?:whisper:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I cut the stock bracket straight across just below the original header support slot, enough so as to allow clearance just below the Samson header. I then drilled a hole about center within the width of the bracket for the original header support arm bolt. I don’t have my card board mock-up handy to tell you how far up or down this hole ended up being, so you need to carefully evaluate it’s location before drilling with everything else mounted in place. I believe the header support arm now mounts best opposite the original direction form the stock setup, directly under the Samson header. A slight bend of 15° or so on the arm helps it follow the contour of the Samson header. Attach the original adjustable exhaust clamp around the Samson header and support arm, tighten it up, then tighten the arm bolt to the bracket. I also painted the bracket areas where I cut and drilled them to prevent rusting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I cut the stock bracket straight across just below the original header support slot, enough so as to allow clearance just below the Samson header. I then drilled a hole about center within the width of the bracket for the original header support arm bolt. I don’t have my card board mock-up handy to tell you how far up or down this hole ended up being, so you need to carefully evaluate it’s location before drilling with everything else mounted in place. I believe the header support arm now mounts best opposite the original direction form the stock setup, directly under the Samson header. A slight bend of 15° or so on the arm helps it follow the contour of the Samson header. Attach the original adjustable exhaust clamp around the Samson header and support arm, tighten it up, then tighten the arm bolt to the bracket. I also painted the bracket areas where I cut and drilled them to prevent rusting.
So.... I realize it has been over 8 YEARS since you posted this and there is a good chance you don't even own this motorcycle anymore. But, do you by chance have a picture of the mount you modified to work with the Samson True Duals? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts