V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a "BADLANDER" module that will allow the rear turn signals to be used as additional running lights, turn signals and brake lights. [$95.00]. The question is, I have the security system. It's activated with the turn signal module. It's also set up and coded with the signal controls . Does anyone know whether this Bandlander (or any other system) works with the security? The parts dude didn't know and said being electronic it couldn't be returned. He also said he'd call and check but haven't heard back from him.

Just thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Can't help you - but I'm interested in the answer too.
BigG

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Check out the Kuryakyn site. They have one that will do what you mentioned for about $40.00. I believe it will work with the security system just fine. I have the HD module on my RKC that does it all except running lights and the security system is fine.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave...Chickamauga, GA? Grew up in that area. Lots of family still there. I was a captain with Catoosa County Sheriff's Department back when we drove White Trans AM's. Don't know if you're old enough to remember that or how long you've been in that area?

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
The name is Rick and I am very familiar with those Trans Am's. I have made the mistake of trying to outrun them a few times in my younger days. I had a 65 GTO and I won a few and lost a few. J.D. Stewart was the Sherriff in my time and he sometimes would let things slide. I've lived in the Walker and Catoosa County areas most of my life. Lots of family here also. If you get around down here, give a shout, we'll ride and down a beer or two.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I bought the HD module which turns the signals into brake lights and then I bought another set of front turnsignals, which come with dual filament bulbs and installed them on the rear and wired the running side with the taillight, so I now have running lights and also brake lights on the rear signals. It may cost more to do it this way, but I had some friends that had problems with the Kuryakyn module and I decided to do mine this way. I have an ' 02 RKC with the alarm and have had no problems at all.

G

·
I've have the Kuryakyn module on my 2002 FXDXT w/security system for about 8 months now - no problems at all.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The HD kit which turns turn signals into additional brake lights causes no problems with the security system.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree with ChopperDude, The HD module works great, is under $45, took < 5 min to install. Included everything including red lenses to replace the amber.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The HD system doesn't allow the turn signals to work as running lights, only brake lights. The Kuryaken does all three (brake, turn, running). To me, this is a very critical difference because I wanted the added rear lights while riding!

I have an 02 king w/security and no problems. However, when I activate the security alarm, only the front signals flash, the rears no longer flash. Con't figure any negative to this, but thought i would mention it. The Kuryaken is only about $45 or so.

·
Registered
688 Posts
DonB, I'm a little confused about how you wired up your 02RK in the back. Could you explain a little more in detail? I am drawn more toward being seen also.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Does Kuryaken have a website???

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Sorry... please disregard my previous post. Kuryaken does have a website. It's www.kuryakyn.com. I just need to know how to spill, err..... spell.

:( :rolleyes: :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Cromagnum, the front signals will have two leads instead of one. I wired the signal side to the original signal wire and the running side I spliced into the running side of the taillight inside the cover.

The kuryakyn module uses the existing single filament bulb for running, brake and signals. In my way of thinking, it would have to be using a lower voltage on the running lights, which would mean they would not be as bright as a dual filament bulb? How could you have running lights at full voltage on a single filament bulb and make it brighter when applying the brakes?

Like I said I knew a couple of people that had problems with the kuryakyn module. I've had my bike set up like this for over a year and have had no problems at all, not even a blown bulb.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Has anyone on this thread had problems with keryaken (versus hearing about it from someone else)? Mostly curious, i have never heard any problem with their turn signal module.

I would admit that DonB's approach would be impossible for me, and would probably cost a HD (hundred dollars) if the dealer would even do it for me. Plus, they would probably do it wrong, and then void my warranty for unauthorized modifications (lol). Then, ..............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts