V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built my 883 and the old cylinder and plug indicated my rear cylinder was running very rich. Bike had 2500 miles on it 170 jet with [email protected] and vance and hines. Is it normal for the rear to run rich and the front to look normal? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Check you intake seals. When everthing is in tune with no air leaks the front & rear should be very close in plug reading.
What do you mean you "built" your 883. Did you cc the heads ect. ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I just put a 1200 10-1 kit on it and bolt in cams, I didn't replace the intake seals though, I just puled both heads off at 1 time. Guess I may have to replace the intake gaskets if it runs rich after the build...Again thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Pull your AC cover and make sure your accelerator pump nozzle is spraying directly at the carbs throat centerline.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks sport i will give that a look as well, and when I find the culprit I will post the it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
newhere,
did you ever find the culprit? I just rebuilt a twin cam and it's doing the same thing...

rck

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 1200 is doing the same thing. Pretty much a stock bike with the taxes paid. Would like to know if anyone finds the problem. I'm sure the dealer will say it is normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same thing on my 03 883 custom...taxes paid,800 miles?MoCo probably knows about it and why,but can always use the phrase"it's normal"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts