V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rare braking issue...

Our 07 Road King had an issue with the flex part of the brake line collapsing which prevented the brakes from fully releasing. What made this difficult to find is once the brake was applied again all was fine. To be perfectly honest this intermittent issue had me wondering if it was operator error until I explained things to to an outstanding HD technician .

Symptoms to watch for is a slight delay in the brakes releasing most noticeable right before stopping. The technician pinned this down by lifting the bike and squeezing the front brake extremely hard then trying to spin the wheel. Note he did state this is the only case he has seen in a new bike.

Next time you have your bike off the ground do your own safety check on your brake lines. Try it 4 or 5 times with each wheel.

RT

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
I don'd remember having heard this happenning, usually it's the other way around with the hoses expanding giving less brake pressure at the caliber. I can se where this could happen but like the tech said unsual on a new bike.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
...So what was the fix?
We had a simular simptom/diagnosis with the rear brakes of the SHO, collapsed brake lines. :hmmm:
I found the slider pins were sticking. Some good white grease and all was/is better.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fourcats said:
...So what was the fix?
We had a simular simptom/diagnosis with the rear brakes of the SHO, collapsed brake lines. :hmmm:
I found the slider pins were sticking. Some good white grease and all was/is better.
MoCo replaced the entire brake line.

Do note there is a typo in the title of this thread, it should read RARE not rear.

RT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts