V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike back from inspection and it passed, no problems. The inspection mech did notice one thing that I had not....the front brake lever switch kinda sticks intermittently.

I played with it and sure enough, when you used the hand brake sometimes the rear light would stay on or kinda blink a few times. If you pushed the outward on the brake lever it will go out.

I have just now taken off the lever and played with the switch a bit, I have not gotten inside where the switch guts are, I dont have time as I've got to go to work in a few.

Its just a little ole switch and I don't think there is an adjustment on it, is there? Thanks in advance for any help.

98 FXSTC

·
TL
500 Posts
No adjustment. If you've recently changed out the switch housings, it may not have been properly seated back in during reinstall. It's a pretty snug fit. Switch may need to be replaced but I would just stick a small piece of cardboard between where the lever meets the bracket (do a search on switch housing replacements for more info) and pull the covers and see if it is in the proper location. There's also a small metal wedge that holds everything in place that could have slipped out.

This is all pretty clear in the service manual or instructions for switch housing kits.

TL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts