V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my new bright red 02 Rod. Dealer disassembled and painted it just to try something different. I just happened to call and he told me he had it and a stock silver one. I thought about it over that night and he sold the silver before I could call back, so I took the red sight unseen. Sure am proud I did now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Funky color! Itooks like Harley entered into a cooperation not only with Porsche but also with Ferrari. Fortunately the bike rides the way the color signals it does!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I really dig the silver turn signal/licence plate mount. Did they paint the plastic?

·
Registered
603 Posts
If anyone is interested in a (semi)custom paint job (2 colors: red pearl & blue-green pearl, 200 of each color ), check out the October 2002 catalog supplement. Very cool, $2600 for everything except the rad' shrouds. They grind the underlying metal to reflect the light. You must place your order on or before October 25th.

JMS

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Very nice, I would take a look at Holli's tank emblem, would look great on this bike in silver and / or black.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tank has Harley Davidson in silver in exact reproduction of the factory letters. The painter also put a dark orange V pinstripe midway through the letters with ROD is silver script under the V. Looks great but the picture doesn't show it. I'll try to borrow a digital camera and take a close up of it. Also the tag/mud guard is factory, just painted to match the frame. Looks Ok, but I'm trying to find a way to do something different.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Redrod,
Kuryakyn has said they're working on a new piece to replace the plastic tag/mud guard. They didn't give any specific details on it, other than to say it should be released in Feb '03, along with a new rear taillight/turn signal light system.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Red Rod

Should have also painted the vent covers on side, headlight bucket, and guage pod covers. I painted my 2002 black, and I did all the above too,10 pieces in all. I love it black and its unusual, people always comment, never got any negative feedback yet. HD custom shop is doing custom paint jobs now, pearl white, red pearl, or blue pearl, all with flames. Saw em at a dealer in Mississippi.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts