V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:eek: Well I just got home after spending a few days in the Hospital then a day at my folks house!Yes I crashed hard,on my Race bike at the track!Thank's go out to the saftey crew and flight for life for saving my life this weekend!I had my helmet ,leathers, back brace, and all the best safety stuff money can buy!I left the track at 100mph+ and flew over 225 feet landing on my head/neck with the bike on top of me!I didn't lose conciousnees but I could not breath because of severe throat trama.My neck was injuryed and was thought to be broken for 2 days!I have never been so scared in my Life!I'm not afraid of dying but being paralized scares me to death!They took 3 MRI's and CAT scans before realizing in wasn't a fracture"THANK GOD"! I broke my collar bone and dislocated my shoulder,pluse lots of bruses and very sore head and neck!I'm at home resting now and promised my girl and family to give up the SuperBikes.I will still keep my V-rod,but got to meet God up close this weekend .It was very Scarry $hit!
They say" everything happens for a reason "so getting one Duc stollen one week then Totalling the race one at the track the next week?Maybe Gods trying to tell me something?I will have plenty of time at home to rest and think about it.
Kaz...............:confused:

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Kaz,

Really sorry to hear about the crash. GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE RECOVERING! And I can't imagine how shook up your family must still be! Hang in there, recover, watch a little TV (you do own "Birth of the V-rod" don't you?) I'm sure you'll be cruisin' on the 'rod in no time!!

Keep us posted on your recovery!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
SuperKaz said:
Maybe Gods trying to tell me something?
No Sh!t.

I'm damn glad to hear you're alive and probably will recover.

Remember this oldie but goodie?

Slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the morning last
Just kickin' down the cobble-stones, lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy, feeling groovy

Hello lamp-post, what'cha knowin', I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain'cha got no rhymes for me, do-it-a-do-do, feelin' groovy, feeling groovy

I've got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life I love you, all is groovy

regards,

wyo

·
Registered
113 Posts
We're both really sad to hear what happened, but also very glad you survived. The world just wouldn't be the same without you. Hope the pain isn't too bad and you feel better soon!
Best wishes and many prayers,
D & G

·
Registered
201 Posts
Kaz, Sorry about both your loses, but glad that you are still with us!!! Get better soon, and listen to your doctor's advice. They know best.

·
Banned
914 Posts
Kaz,

Thank God your alive! All my best to a speedy recovery. Your not SuperKaz for nuttin ya know! Get well and keep posting....

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Geepers Creapers Kaz!
How many lives do you have left ol buddy?

Our thoughts are with you.
Rest up, heal up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow Kaz that must have been one scary situation, so glad you made it through. I'll be praying for you and your girl and your family. Be safe and take it easy for a while.

James

·
Registered
401 Posts
Speedy recovery Kaz. The say bad things come in threes & you've already had yours bike stolen, bike wrecked, injured.
Now you're on your run of GOOD LUCK - you survived & are on the mend! Our best to you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow Kaz! I'm glad to hear you're alive n' kicking! The fastest thing you need right now is recovery!! Our prayers are with you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Man, what luck.......or lack there of!
Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery! A close call like this sure makes you think about life in a different perspective. Take some time.......heal and regroup with a new found respect!

Get well

Peace

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to hear this Kaz. I wish you the best and a full recovery.
Reminds me of a former professional motocross rider friend I know. He wrecked hard enough to dislocate his neck, break his back and even knocked one of his Alpinestars boots off his foot. He prayed to be able to walk....It happened. Then just to be normal in his daily functions......It happened. Then to maybe piddle around a bit on a bike.....of course this happened too. Now he dominates the 250cc class at the local track and in district 22.
You will recover and you will race another day. They say you can't keep a good man down. ( I'm sure this applys to you too!) lol
Hang in there and while you recover think of what to build and/or buy next. The 500hp Dodge Thunderbolt project bike might be enough of a rush for even a man of your caliber.
Good luck and take care.
Sincerely, Simi06

·
Registered
69 Posts
" only the good die young "...Billy Joel

Kaz......that statement makes you ONE BAD MOFO.........

A wipeout at the C note , and your here key'n at your bros ......

From your post it sounds as though you had a spiritual enlightenment......

Your view of everything must be in hyper mode.......enjoy it

I'm bet'n that V-Rod tach won't see the high range , at least in 4th or 5th gear for a while anyways:D

You'll have to look for alternative ways to get you endorphin fix:D

Glad your still here !!!

Hutch......

Had my hand on the dollar bill
And the dollar bill blew away
But the sun is shining down on me
And it's here to stay
That's why I'm telling you

I just want to celebrate, yeah, yeah
Another day of living, yeah
I just want to celebrate another day of living
I just want to celebrate another day of life

RARE EARTH

·
Registered
149 Posts
Kaz,

As a former racer I can comissorate. But when we crashed we had roll cages around us so its not the same. I can be thankful that neither I or any of my drivers were ever injured.

Just be grateful that yours wasn't more serious. Like you said, maybe there is message here.

Pete

1 - 20 of 22 Posts