V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
I ride mostly rush hour stuff and have never hit more than 31mpg. Two weeks ago, I finally got to do almost a full tank up and down PCH here in SoCal. I still couldn't get over 34mpg.

Whiff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Keep your knees in

37 to 43 mpg at 70 to 80 mph. 06 ultra 1 up in light trafic. The lower number is knees out and elbows up heavy on the gas and agresive. best numbers at 70 mph tucked in with the cruise on.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I up fully loaded at 75, 35MPG.
I up no load, max 60, 45MPG

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
05 FXDL, changed Main Jet up 1 size from stock, knocked holes in the baffles of the stock mufflers, I ride 1 up, I weigh about 225 and usually have about 20 pounds worth of crap in my saddlebags - I average 38 - 40 MPG - about 50/50 interstate and aroung town and I'm usually at half throttle or more while taking off from a stop.

Girlfriend has an 04 Fatboy, rides 1 up, had stage 1 from dealer and she has Big Shots Long (I believe) - she rides side by side with me and she gets about 32 MPG

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Bone stock averaged in the 40's. Best tank was 65mpg @ about 75-80 with about 100lbs of stuff on the back seat in my packs. Of course I was basically coasting down off Monarch pass in CO. I got way better mileage than the group I was riding with over the summer (only HD in the group). They were panicking looking for a station and I would stop and put in about 3 gal to their 4-6.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
30-35 riding alone like an idiot w/ BB, SE Perf Heads, 37Gs w/ 2 degree advance key, 3.37 gearing and Dresser Duals.
40 +/- when riding 2-up in a civilized group.

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
It's a Harley, it's for fun.............when the needle points to "E", fill it back up. :clap: {salute(

·
Registered
43 Posts
DCRANER said:
It's a Harley, it's for fun.............when the needle points to "E", fill it back up. :clap: {salute(
...and if you do run out, another Harley brother will be along shortly to help ya out...:yes:

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
MegaGlide said:
No, on mine when it gets to half a tank on the gauge, start looking for a station. :D
Amen Mega, the gas gauges on these things are not to be used to accurately reflect the amount of gas in your tank. The only setting I believe is the full one, and that is only after I have just filled it up.

I run mine based of the number of miles I have driven and when the fuel light comes on, time to start looking for gas!

·
Registered
116 Posts
My light comes on with just under 2 gallons left..
I just figured it for my 06 FXDCI and got just shy of 33 MPG. I though something was wrong till I read this thread. I do get on it @ times...

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
I can get 40-45 at 70-80, and have hit 61 when lazily cruising the mountains around here.. But that doesn't happen often. Worst I've gotten so far was 37.

Brad

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I often travel at 75 fluctuating between 70-80 I'd say. I average almost exactly 40mpg. My last tank was 4.1 gallons @ 167 miles. My lowest milage was 37 which consisted of short rides around town. My best was just over 50 while leisurely riding the Blue Ridge Parkway at 50-60 MPH. Except for the SE air cleaner and re-flash, my FXFXI is stock. BTW, the speedometer and odometer on my 2004, are suprisingly accurate.

·
Registered
294 Posts
riding in local traffic, I never seem to get above 42 and that is on a realy good day. Never check it when on a long ride. 04 FLSTC

I too watch my odometer to see where I am with fuel, learned this from my sporty that had no fuel guage.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Worst was 32 mpg.

Wind seems to be the biggest factor in motorcycle gas mileage. Riding 2-up, we got 32 mpg from Dallas to Austin against a 20 - 30 mph headwind. On the way back, we got 52 mpg. The only difference was that we had a headwind on the way down and tailwind on the way back home.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.