V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you call yourself a real biker?
Check these guys out!

I've been hanging out on this other site (AdvRider) since 2000 with my BMWs and KTMs. I know this family and they are the real deal. Check it out.

·
Twist it, pop it, burn it
161 Posts
all I can say is damn...impressive

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I've seen those pictures several times over the past few years and I enjoy them every time. That looks like a lot of fun.

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Well, those pictures are awesome and I frequent that site quite often. It's hard to top those photos, as long as we're sharing, here's me in 1968 (I was 12) on my S90:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, I am on the ADV rider board also. Dont visit that much since I had to sell the Dual Sport. Soon I will be back.

I have seen those pics, now that is hard core. And some complain when the heated grips and heated suit do not keep them warm.

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
Brings back a lot of good memories for me,how many of you know what I'm talking about.My first rear swing bike was bought in 1973,a 1971 FLH.I did try to ride all winter one time.Bad mistake! Weaved rope through the spokes to act as chains another mistake.The old Pan still started pretty good even after all night out in the cold.

·
The OTHER White Meat.
1,704 Posts
deucedog said:
Well, those pictures are awesome and I frequent that site quite often. It's hard to top those photos, as long as we're sharing, here's me in 1968 (I was 12) on my S90:

Only the finest protective gear back then.....

·
Noch ein bier, bitte
1,537 Posts
Man, those guys were tough! Snow and mud up to the gas cap! Gotta remember those were all kick start machines too. Starting in the cold weather had to be a treat.

However, it pains me to say it's plain to see they aren't real bikers. They're merely motorcycle enthusiasts.

None of them was dressed like a pirate, nobody was beating the crap out of anybody else, sunglasses were in short supply (as were the tattoos), and on and on. Nope! No bikers in those photos. :nope: Tough as those guys were they were not bikers. :whistle:

All kidding aside, those guys were really into it!!!!!!!!!!!!!{salute(

·
Twist it, pop it, burn it
161 Posts
Hey your right..they werent waving either

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
duhast said:
Only the finest protective gear back then.....
Well, those do look like TOUGHSKINS.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
How many of those guys were trained in the Army to ride those HDs? I new some oldtimers that rode 45s in the swamps, those old frames got bent up pretty easily, those guys had to be great mechanics, too! No trailers for them, if they broke down, they found a way.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Those individuals rode and it didn't matter where. I bet they had to be damn good Harley mechanics with all the punishment displayed in those pictures!

·
OWOF
1,077 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
I've seen those pictures several times over the past few years and I enjoy them every time. That looks like a lot of fun.
Same here. Great shots.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Great pics! Imagine what they could have done with today's adventure bikes.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Well we know one thing, these guys weren't posers.

I just sold my KTM 450EXC and really miss it. I hope to have a new one next summer. Riding offroad is awesome.

Wonder if these guys were considered "rich" back in the day. What did a new 1950 Harley cost?

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
I've seen these and passed them on befor. always good.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
thatoldbike said:
Well we know one thing, these guys weren't posers.

I just sold my KTM 450EXC and really miss it. I hope to have a new one next summer. Riding offroad is awesome.

Wonder if these guys were considered "rich" back in the day. What did a new 1950 Harley cost?
Harleys were considered "poor man's" transportation then. It might go back to the 30's when a motorcycle and a sidecar were something someone would buy that could afford a car. They weren't that much cheaper, though

1 - 20 of 30 Posts