V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the HD Reach seat for touring models? They say it puts you 1.5" closer to the ground and 1.5" closer to the bars. I'm pretty short at 5'7" with a 30" inseam and wondering if I should go ahead and order the seat and have it ready when my EG gets delivered. Is it a comfortable seat? Does it really make a big difference? Any answers are appreciated.

·
Registered
769 Posts
akpackfan said:
Does anyone have experience with the HD Reach seat for touring models? They say it puts you 1.5" closer to the ground and 1.5" closer to the bars. I'm pretty short at 5'7" with a 30" inseam and wondering if I should go ahead and order the seat and have it ready when my EG gets delivered. Is it a comfortable seat? Does it really make a big difference? Any answers are appreciated.

I think i would wait ....till you get the bike. You may want to address the problem a different way .. like pull back handle bars or even just and adj to the existing handle bars ..... I am 5 9 ,,, with a 30 inch inseam ,,,,the only adj i had to make was to have em tilt the bars back and that brought the bars into a much more comfortable position ..... rat

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found that the forward posistion spread my legs more than I wanted, caused by the width of the fuel tank.
I did like the lowered seating posistion, lower center of gravity, felt I was part of the bike.
And there is no wiggle room on the seat , you sit right down in to it and are stuck in one spot it seems.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Frankly, I would not buy any H-D seat. Had 3 on new bikes and all were uncomfortable for me. I went to Mustang on the last two bikes. Don't know whether they could meet your needs.

·
40 Posts
I have one on my Street Glide and it's for sale . I have a Sundowner coming next week. It does allow you put your feet flat on the ground, but it does not allow you to stretch out or back. If you want mine let me know it has about 2000 miles in it. It's in perfect condition.....

·
43 Fuel Curves
819 Posts
Another 30" inseam here.
I felt the stock seat was good for about 80 miles. I changed to the Sundowner for RKC and it was good for 200+ miles. When the Reach came out I thought I would give it a try. It came in on a day I had a 400+ mile round trip planned. Lower down and narrower means less padding plus, when I first sat in it it felt a bit snug for my big butt. I was a bit worried, but headed out with it. I had been thinking of getting adjustable foot peg mounting brackets, but now had no problem with "reaching" them. Shoot, I can rest my heels on top the pegs with the Reach. So, now three leg positions. Thinking of pull back bars, no need. Need to backup in sand, less problem. Butt feel after 400+ miles, priceless.

Oh yeah, passenger perspective. She likes it because because passenger is more padded, and taller and I am lower, so she can see over my head now.

Only thing I miss is the RKC styling on the Sundowner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts