V-Twin Forum banner

Re-tune Power Commander

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  HIPPO 
#1 ·
I was wondering if having a tuning center custom tune the PowerCommander III on a 2002 Road King is worth the money, or is the standard MAP dowloaded from their website just as good?

Mike

#2 ·
Generally speaking yes, but some bikes might be either real close or spot on with a downloaded map. Problem is you never know.

The EFI tuner is a much better option for a Delphi bike in the long run, despite lacking the auto fuel map building capability off a dyno.

#3 ·
miken488

All I can is that I ran the "PC" MAP for couple months and was not HAPPY, so I followed the "PC" instructions on how to overide, and I pushed each level to the limit.....................and DAMN if it didn't make a differnce, no back firing, but a lot more kick butt ...especially doing 70+, didn't feel as if I needed that 6th gear........Ain't sure what the REPERCUSIONS are.....................BUT it feels GOOD

#4 ·
I'm trying to decide which way to go: PowerCommander III or the H-D EFI tuner. What are the Pros and Cons of each? I like the idea of using the EFI tuner because there are no new "bolt-on" items for the dealer to see. Will the EFI tuner give you all the data you need to determine the power change in the bike or is a dyno run still needed to fine tune it?

#5 ·
Quit worrying about what the dealer can or can not see. The minute you upload a map with the EFI tuner the dealer can tell if he is looking, what's he going to do about it?

The data mode has all you need to get the data without a dyno, it's just quicker with the dyno.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.