Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: PASSWORD PIRATED???? wtf????...

Without being banned, I'd like the chance to respond to this publicly....

Let me just say, I am also an administrator on another site... I KNOW that passwords CAN be changed.. since plenty of people DO forget their passwords or, as you mentioned above, type it incorrectly...

That said, I HAVE HAD THE SAME PASSWORD HERE FOR YEARS!
I attempted, quite patiently, to re-type it several ways, paying very close attention. :nope: NO LUCK!

You guys seem to be disregarding the idea of a "forum"....
Carrie PMs me after closing my thread, but I don't want private discussion to mask the situation here....

fo·rum (fôr'əm, fōr'-) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr'ə, fōr'ə)

1. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
2. A public meeting place for open discussion.
3. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.
2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
3. A court of law; a tribunal.

Now... is this a forum for open discussion or not????

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
SportyRedhead said:
Now... is this a forum for open discussion or not????
Well, sorta, kinda, NOT!

·
Administrator
11,239 Posts
Passwords CAN be changed BUT as I stated before, THE MODS DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO DO SO.

As an ADMINISTRATOR you have the right to change passwords. The MODS here DON'T HAVE THAT RIGHT.

So if you feel that your password was changed, use the CONTACT US link at the bottom of the page. The person receiving that email is the ONLY ONE that has rights to change your password on this forum.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Keep in mind, folks, that an online "forum" is what the owner says it is. It's not a democracy. I prefer a wide range of comment, but if I want a forum that is perfectly suited to my tastes, then I need to start my own. Until then, I'll stick with what's available at different locations and abide by whatever that forum's rules and operating methods are. We all have choices.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Gonna be a looooooong Winter!

·
Banned
80 Posts
springer- said:
Passwords CAN be changed BUT as I stated before, THE MODS DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO DO SO.

As an ADMINISTRATOR you have the right to change passwords. The MODS here DON'T HAVE THAT RIGHT.

So if you feel that your password was changed, use the CONTACT US link at the bottom of the page. The person receiving that email is the ONLY ONE that has rights to change your password on this forum.
So then your saying an ADMIN changed her password!

Gee..... who could that be?

·
Banned
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
trooper113 said:
Keep in mind, folks, that an online "forum" is what the owner says it is. It's not a democracy. I prefer a wide range of comment, but if I want a forum that is perfectly suited to my tastes, then I need to start my own. Until then, I'll stick with what's available at different locations and abide by whatever that forum's rules and operating methods are. We all have choices.
Thanks for filling me in on my "choices".
You seem to have missed the point of my persistence in this discussion tho...
An unauthorized password change was not MY choice.

Trust me, I've made my choice as to where I prefer to spend my internet forum time, however, I am a member here as well. Doesn't mean I must accept unethical behavior if I choose to stop in.

·
Banned
2,502 Posts
phread said:

When "he" finally brought the site back up, "he" should have given serious consideration to replacing some of the moderators, as there are a few who have no business being a mod. I figured "he" would see the way this forum was headed and make the necessary corrections, but apparently, I was wrong.

·
Administrator
11,239 Posts
phread said:

Read into it anything that you want but I highly doubt it. I have never known the admin to change anyones password so they couldn't get on the forum. What would that accomplish? Obviously sporty got her password. She probably used the "forgot password" link and had a new one emailed to her? Now if the admin didn't want her to use the forum don't you think they would realize that just changing the password would not stop anything? Isn't that why they have a BAN feature? Do you really think the admin is just changing passwords for fun?

I'll say it again, 9 out of 10 password problems are user related. That is why there is a "forgot password" link on virtually every forum out there. That is why websites that require log ins have "forgot password" links. I work with people that log into their computer everyday and still manage to screw it up.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
I find it hard to believe ANYONE changed your password. If anyone didn't want you here, you would simply be banned. It doesn't appear that is the case.

Once again, Use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom to get to the "Higher Ups".
Tain't nothing the mods can do, nor will it do any good to rant. The Admin doesn't read the posts.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
SportyRedhead said:
Thanks for filling me in on my "choices".
You seem to have missed the point of my persistence in this discussion tho...
An unauthorized password change was not MY choice.

Trust me, I've made my choice as to where I prefer to spend my internet forum time, however, I am a member here as well. Doesn't mean I must accept unethical behavior if I choose to stop in.
Nope...I didn't miss you point at all. Assuming someone changed your password without your knowledge, that's wrong.

I was posting more about several folks who constantly gripe about many things. As I said, there are choices. If I believed I was the victim of unethical behavior I would simply be outta here. There are way too many other places to be if I were unhappy with my treatment.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Thunderhog said:
When "he" finally brought the site back up, "he" should have given serious consideration to replacing some of the moderators, as there are a few who have no business being a mod. I figured "he" would see the way this forum was headed and make the necessary corrections, but apparently, I was wrong.
Sshhhhhhhhhh....., be quiet. There is a trigger happy mod out here, who closed at least one of my threads within a new set record time.

Duck, man duck...............

·
Banned
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thunderhog said:
Agreed...
Where's Frank????? :thumbsup:

Carrie...
I'd just like to say, I have no problem with you at all... never had that I remember either, however...

Locking a thread for no apparent reason and then PMing me is not always the correct way to deal with people and their questions.... Might want to consider this.

·
Banned
80 Posts
springer- said:
Read into it anything that you want but I highly doubt it. I have never known the admin to change anyones password so they couldn't get on the forum. What would that accomplish? Obviously sporty got her password. She probably used the "forgot password" link and had a new one emailed to her? Now if the admin didn't want her to use the forum don't you think they would realize that just changing the password would not stop anything? Isn't that why they have a BAN feature? Do you really think the admin is just changing passwords for fun?

I'll say it again, 9 out of 10 password problems are user related. That is why there is a "forgot password" link on virtually every forum out there. That is why websites that require log ins have "forgot password" links. I work with people that log into their computer everyday and still manage to screw it up.
It's called a soft ban. You change the member's password, and then change their email address so they can't successfully retrieve it. It has the effect of making a member go away without appearing as if they were really banned.

·
Banned
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
YankeeBob said:
I find it hard to believe ANYONE changed your password. If anyone didn't want you here, you would simply be banned. It doesn't appear that is the case.

Once again, Use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom to get to the "Higher Ups".
Tain't nothing the mods can do, nor will it do any good to rant. The Admin doesn't read the posts.
Honestly, I had a hard time understanding why someone would hack into my profile... I mean, I don't frequent here all that much, although....

several of my close friends have been banned here recently... my only take on this is that someone was very interested in reading my PMs. It was very coincidental that it happened after I made a post regarding one of them and then the thread got locked....

What's done is done.... I just thought it shouldn't go by unknown by the members who choose to be here.

I refuse to discuss things in PMs that regard each and every member here, butt thanks for the offer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.