V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: Beware of VANCE AND HINES warranty

I had a very bad Experience with this company about the finish on a set of "NEW" shields. They said at first they were happy to help and it would be no problem to replace them. Then they started to ask for more and more info about the bike they were on and and where they came from and personal things. To make a long story short they are NOT going to replace the shields even after I sent them pics of the defects. I would be VERY careful of any of there products after this experience and you should too. All my calls are being ignored (there receptionist says to leave a message and then none calls back) I will never do business with this company again and you should be very weary also. :beatdh:

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Are you joking? V&H makes some great pipes...and this is your first post and we are supposed to take you seriously....???

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Love my Vance & Hines staggered short shots! Beautiful finish and blemish free.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
First post to burn a company, story seems kinda funkey too

·
Registered
208 Posts
I love my v&h, just wish I could stop scraping the sh%$ out of them! why would I be weary? Does the chrome make you feel tired?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Kind of hard to take this complaint seriously - cryptic details about the problem and the company's response. Sounds like there is much more to this than what is being told. I'm siding with the many, many satisfied customers of Vance and Hines.

·
Arse Hole and Good at it
356 Posts
Pretty sure this souds like BS to me. Never had a problem with V&H and have run my fair share of their pipes, love my monster ovals.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Pics or it didnt happen.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Probably some power ranger type that high sided his bike doing something stupid and is pissed V&H won't give him new stuff. And asking personal questions? I've talked to the V&H folks a few times about defective plating on a collector heat shield and not only did they replace it free without proof of my claim, I don't recall them being the least bit interested in any of my personal goings on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have V&H mufflers on my Ultra and they are crap. Major peeling of chrome - now starting to rust. Just got back from Reno and I can't hear myself talk. I'm going back to stock H-D pipes.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
I have V&H mufflers on my Ultra and they are crap. Major peeling of chrome - now starting to rust. Just got back from Reno and I can't hear myself talk. I'm going back to stock H-D pipes.
May I ask how old these pipes are and was the bike stored properly?

And yes, depending on what you have for baffles, V&H's can be loud.

rkc

·
Super Moderator
20,902 Posts
I think the rest of this story is in the questions about "more and more info about the bike they were on and and where they came from and personal things". Application does mater as does how you came by them.

·
Registered
582 Posts
May I ask how old these pipes are and was the bike stored properly?

And yes, depending on what you have for baffles, V&H's can be loud.

rkc
That guy needs to wear earplugs! I have V/H and they are pretty loud but I wear earplugs because of the wind not my pipes. I can barely hear the pipes when doing 70MPH

1 - 20 of 67 Posts