V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 95" Big Bore Kit

Has anyone out there installed the 95" Big bore kit on their Softail Duece?
I have a 2001 injected model and was thinking about having the 95" Kit installed with the 203 cams, but before doing so I wanted some feedback by someone who's had this done. What is the up & downside of these kits?

I'm concerened about doing something to this wonderful 88b that might make it less reliable.

Any real experiences and feedback would be greatly apprecated!!

Thank you!!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I have a '02 FLSTC that is EFI. At the 1000 mile service interval I had the dealer install the stage II Big Bore Kit with the cams. While the engine was down I also had the heads and cylinders diamond cut for a jeweled effect.

Was the juice worth the squeeze? You bet your sweet bippy it was!!! It made a real difference in the bike's performance.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I have a '02 FLSTC that is EFI. At the 1000 mile service interval I had the dealer install the stage II Big Bore Kit with the cams. While the engine was down I also had the heads and cylinders diamond cut for a jeweled effect.

Was the juice worth the squeeze? You bet your sweet bippy it was!!! It made a real difference in the bike's performance. With the EFI you may want to consider an oil cooler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went 95" with heads Hi 10.5:1 forged pistons, SE211 cams, ignition, mikuni carb on my Deuce and I love it. It's very fast and has been reliable with 11k on the upgrades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts