V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any experience with this pipe. I have an 01 Deuce bumped to a HeadQuarters 1550 low comp kit. Thanks,

MJ

·
Registered
136 Posts
I know that they can make some real go-fast stuff, and are good at it. I don't know what their street stuff is like, but would not doubt that it is good quality and functional. If I may ask, what are you paying?

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
great pipes, perform pretty much as claimed have flawless chrome and are in my opinion one of the best looking pipes on the market. if you do a search you should be able to find 4 or 5 threads or possibly more on them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just recieved a reply to RB Racing concerning whether I can get pipes without the logo on the pipe. It appears that they are not interested in selling their pipes without a logo. What is your take on this, am I wrong to assume that the customer should request what they want, although they acknowledge that any losses in sales due to this is OK with them>?

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
mjdeucea said:
Just recieved a reply to RB Racing concerning whether I can get pipes without the logo on the pipe. It appears that they are not interested in selling their pipes without a logo. What is your take on this, am I wrong to assume that the customer should request what they want, although they acknowledge that any losses in sales due to this is OK with them>?
They are a little different and if you don't like what they offer they will point blank tell you 'take it or leave it'. Live with their approach or go look somewhere else. You ain't gonna change them. I have their 2-1 'Black Hole' on my bike at times and I love the sound. Everything the other fellas said

·
Registered
62 Posts
They work well & very high Quality

I received my LSR 2-1 this week, painless installation and there is a noticeable improvement on performance (Road king with Andrews 37, Mikuni 45mm, high flow A/C and ported / flowed heads)
They are a bit short on communication and not tolerable of B/S, but the quality of their pipes is what is important and there are no problems there.
(I also got the impression from their website that they are very proud of their workmanship & design and a bit fed up with people ripping them off.)

I will buy it & wait 7 weeks again on my next bike -the pipes are beautiful and well worth it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
2Phat said:
I received my LSR 2-1 this week, painless installation and there is a noticeable improvement on performance (Road king with Andrews 37, Mikuni 45mm, high flow A/C and ported / flowed heads)
They are a bit short on communication and not tolerable of B/S, but the quality of their pipes is what is important and there are no problems there.
(I also got the impression from their website that they are very proud of their workmanship & design and a bit fed up with people ripping them off.)

I will buy it & wait 7 weeks again on my next bike -the pipes are beautiful and well worth it!
I looked these pipes up and the "c turn down" is just what I have been looking for. What pipes did you have before putting these on that you noticed performance gains?

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
mjdeucea said:
One can ask for anything....

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,797 Posts
mjdeucea said:
I'm a little confused by your expectations here. Do you think Chevrolet would sell you a car without a bowtie on it somewhere?

Joe

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
don't all companies put their logo on the items they sell, why would RB be any different.
if you do buy them i don't think you will be dissapointed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As stated in other replys, there may be a more subtle way to brand your product as some pipes use ingraving etc. V&H as an example is labeled in such a manner as to not interrupt the flow of the design. I like the science behind their pipe, just wish there were options. And yes if I buy a Chevy I can request that the dealer not label it, I can decide what type of option package I want and the labeling that goes with it, with this it is here it is if you don't like it go somewhere else. Since they are not consumer driven it is their choice.

I note that they do solicit support for racers, etc who are using their pipes. I wonder if they were more apt to listen to the consumer perhaps sales would increase and the need to solicit would decrease with the ability to sponsor the bike, due to their increase revenue.

As the Stone sing, "you can't always get what you want"

MJ

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
mjdeucea said:
.........the labeling that goes with it, with this it is here it is if you don't like it go somewhere else.
MJ
Somewhere on their website, they state that they use a very strong adhesive for their new label, practically you can't get it off. And in the 'Eat sh$t' section, they tell a story about a 'customer' who never paid the unlabelled custom designed pipes and went to a show with his own label on them bragging about 'his' design .........
Seems to me that they are proud of their brand/design and don't like to see any other label on them.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
To me this topic seems anal as all hell but the Logo comes off and there are 2 small nicely chrome plated holes there. Mine came without the logo attached and I put it on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not to change the subject but..

..in addition to wanting to hear what anyone has to offer regarding RB Racing pipes, I'd also be curious to know any preliminary reports on the the new Rinehart 2 in 1 's. Specifically how these pipes perform in the mid-range on a built 95"/98" TC-B. Anyone got any insider information?
I'm doing homework for a build this spring. My first post, by-the-way, everyone; thanks for sharing your knowledge and experiences. They've been very informative.

Happy holidays and wishes for a prosperous new year to you all.

Peace

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,797 Posts
mjdeucea said:
And yes if I buy a Chevy I can request that the dealer not label it, I can decide what type of option package I want and the labeling that goes with it, with this it is here it is if you don't like it go somewhere else. Since they are not consumer driven it is their choice.

I note that they do solicit support for racers, etc who are using their pipes. I wonder if they were more apt to listen to the consumer perhaps sales would increase and the need to solicit would decrease with the ability to sponsor the bike, due to their increase revenue.

As the Stone sing, "you can't always get what you want"

MJ
Yes, you can request the dealer not to label your car. I've tried it without success, but we'll let that pass. What I asked was if CHEVROLET, not the dealer, would sell you a car w/o a bowtie (metaphor for some type of company branding) on it.

How is RB not consumer driven? Any company on the planet is consumer driven, or there's no company.

It doesn't sound like you've really thought this through.

''As the Stone sing, "you can't always get what you want" ''

Joe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My issue is with the aesthetics. Also when I buy aftermarket pipes for my Chevy I am not required to place labels on my car as to what pipes I have, or if I am building a hot rod I do not have to list what carb I put in it, for that manner does Mikuni require us to place a tag on our bikes if we place a Mikuni carb or how about a Power Commander tag on your fender to let others know you have one, or a Kuryakyn label on all the pegs, lights etc, or Headwinds on their lights, or Race tech suspension, Works shocks. If they were sponsoring me as a racer OK I will advertise their product. They have a right to make the product they want to and as it states on their website if they lose business so be it. For my current project I may pass on this pipe but for another who knows...........

Thanks for the feedback and input,

MJ

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,797 Posts
mjdeucea said:
My issue is with the aesthetics. Also when I buy aftermarket pipes for my Chevy I am not required to place labels on my car as to what pipes I have, or if I am building a hot rod I do not have to list what carb I put in it, for that manner does Mikuni require us to place a tag on our bikes if we place a Mikuni carb or how about a Power Commander tag on your fender to let others know you have one, or a Kuryakyn label on all the pegs, lights etc, or Headwinds on their lights, or Race tech suspension, Works shocks. If they were sponsoring me as a racer OK I will advertise their product. They have a right to make the product they want to and as it states on their website if they lose business so be it. For my current project I may pass on this pipe but for another who knows...........

Thanks for the feedback and input,

MJ
I know I shouldn't, but I'll try once more. Man, if you don't like the way they operate then hell yeah, take your money elsewhere. But quit setting up straw men to justify it. All aftermarket parts I ever bought for my Camaros were branded. On the part itself. Not on my fender, hood, or dash. On the part. I guess I missed the part of your post(s) where RBR was forcing you to put their logo on the bodywork of your bike.

Anyway, no hard feelings, and I hope you find something that suits you.

Joe

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
ssshhhhhhhhh! you owners--don't stroke him anymore. Next thing you know he'll wanna know how to take of HD emblems of the the tank and the "Made in Poland" off the reflectors (which is so small most folk don't realize they were made in Poland!) :coffee:

mjduecea: The pipe comes with a tag period. Once you purchase the pipe, you are free to do with it as you see fit. Why you fret about removing a tag is beyond me. If I turn you off from this pipe, GOOD! One more person that isn't running what I am (with a tag of course).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Once again it is about aesthetics and how we each want our bikes to perform and look. We can all agree to disagree and I see each of your points. It appears that each pipe is made to each customers specs, and is not mass produced. All I am saying is that it would be my wish that as the customer I could dictate where I want or if I want a logo on the pipe,since it is being made individually for me and is not being pulled off of a stock shelf. I am getting a new paint job and where this painter always places his logo in the paint I was able to negotiate this out with him. I could be wrong but if I engage another builder to fabricate a part for me I do not think their logo is always part of the deal. I did a complete top end and 1550 kit from Headquarters last spring yet none of the reworked heads, cams, manifold etc were stamped with their logo. So it is a manufacturers' decision to decide how they want to proceed from a business perspective. I do not disagree with any of you, and my question was answered as to why this company decides to do business this way.

I did not mean to evoke such a response nor am I looking for strokes, just presenting my view as each of you have.

Happy New Year and be safe riding in 06

MJ

·
Registered
40 Posts
mjdeucea, You said you are running a Headquarters 1550 low comp. kit, which cams are you running? I'm running there 0039g cams in my 1550 build. Will you share your dyno #'s? And by the way I'm running the LSR 2-1 001167 on my softail just the way they sent it to me, and proud of it. Great pipe! Next time you are on their site if you look for softail pipes under their products tab, my red FXSTI is the first bike you see. Check it out the pipe looks awesome on the softail.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts