V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All i can say is i wish i had done this a lot sooner. I love the sound of this exhaust and the noticable improvement in performance is a big plus. The bike revs faster and a noticable boost in torque/hp across the powerband. Money well spent.

FYI, this LSR 2in1 exhaust replaced my a set of Vance&Hines StraightShots HS. Anyone want to buy and nice slightly used set of pipes.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have an LSR C pipe. Everything they say about the pipes are true. Excellant design and fabrication. I have never had nothing but love from the folks at RB racing. Good folks to deal with as far as I am concerned. keepem sharp

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
The people at RB don't put up with much crap. They don't seem to be worried about being a huge corporation. They know they sell a great product, and you can either buy one, or not.
I absolutely love my RB pipe! I run the "B" pipe on my '06 Train (TC88). With it, a Doherty Machine air cleaner kit, and a SERT, my bike is running 77.25 hp. Don't figure that is too bad.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jpflht said:
i have heard that their products are great
but the people are arrogant is that true?
When i called to order the pipe i spoke to a nice lady on the phone who took my order. Nearly a month later the pipe was delivered. That's my only experience with this company. I can say the pipe was VERY well packed and the chrome and construction look better than any i've seen.

·
Registered
265 Posts
miles to go

Is that what they call the "C" style 5" longer? How loud is that pipe. I've never seen or heard one.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Electra Geezer said:
miles to go

Is that what they call the "C" style 5" longer? How loud is that pipe. I've never seen or heard one.
Yes, mine is the C style, but standard length. How loud is it? I would say it's loud but not obnoxious. It sounds like a Harley should. It is actually not any louder than the Vance&Hines that i removed, but it has a deeper tone - a nice rumble. I think it sounds much better now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome aboard........ ~!Awesome!

I love mine.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
I like mine! ~!Awesome!

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Congrats miles! I think it's a good looking pipe on the Heritage! it is also one of the good performing pipes out there available to us. The only downside is with a welded in baffle, it makes it harder to tweak.

Flyin' and Cop, both your bikes are killer!

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
windwalker said:
MTG, Do you have chrome shields? If so what do you think about them. Thanks, windwalker
Yes, i have the heat shields installed, except for the piece that covers the collector area - where the two pipes come together. Here's some better pics. The chrome on these pipes is second to none. I think you could run them without shields for a while. Since i had already purchased them, I went ahead and installed the shields.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ronyd said:
1. Can we get a soundclip of these pipes?

2. Can anyone comment on this pretty nasty and negative thread:
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76536&highlight=racing

If I'm going to spend the money, I just want ot make sure these guys support their products to the full.

3. Difficult to tune with EFI?

4. Do they have o2 bungs?
There is a soundclip of these pipes somewhere here on the forum cuz i remember listening to it. Might be able to find it if you do a search. I can tell you it sounds a LOT better in person though. IMO, it is not a loud pipe. Yes, it's a lot louder than stock, but not that obnoxious loud that you can hear 3 states away. I love the way it sounds when you are cruising at 30-40 mph - just a nice deep rumble. Without my windshield on, i can't even here the pipe over the wind once i hit around 70mph.

The answer to your questions can probably be found on their website. I have heard they are a little more tricky to tune with EFI because the baffle is welded in - not adjustable. My bike is carb so i have no first hand experience.

As for the thread about their poor customer support/service, you'll find there are plenty of positive post/experiences here as well. People are still buying their product so they must be doing something right.

I will say the pipes did not come with any instructions but there are some basic instructions posted on their site. I guess they figure most do-it-yourselfers are smart enough to figure it out or take it to someone who is. Mounting a 2in1 pipe can be a little tricky if you have never done it and i can see how someone with no experence could get frustrated and bugger things up. These are the same people that usually post negative comments about the company/product.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
ronyd said:
1. Can we get a soundclip of these pipes?

2. Can anyone comment on this pretty nasty and negative thread:
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76536&highlight=racing

If I'm going to spend the money, I just want ot make sure these guys support their products to the full.

3. Difficult to tune with EFI?

4. Do they have o2 bungs?
ronyd,
Don't take this the wrong way but all of your questions are answered in that "nasty" thread, if you take the time to read the whole thing.

I just reposted the soundclip in the thread near the top here from the guy asking about anyone near Houston with the RB pipe.

And if you went through the RB Racing website, you would already know the answer to the O2 bung question. The answer is yes, they come with one and you can add the 2nd one when you order for an upcharge or by now because of the '06/'07 bikes, the 2nd one may be built into the price.

All the best!
Tote

·
Doof Bag
274 Posts
jpflht said:
i have heard that their products are great
but the people are arrogant is that true?
It would appear that they expect their customers to hold up their end of the bargain...and are not afraid to say so.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/eatshit.htm

no nonsense customer service.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts