V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many posts on this pipe/company and decided to find out for myself - ceramic coated with chrome shields - 5" longer slash cut. Received in 8.5 weeks but I knew it would be a while when I ordered it, I was running Rinehart true duals with a PCIIIusb anyway. Paid $860.00 CDN delivered to my door. Pipe is excellent - well made - excellent finish and had extra nuts and even included a set of 1/2" spacers with fasteners for my floorboard. No instructions but I figure if you can get your old pipe off you should damn well be able to put a new one on. It did take a bit of cheek bitin to wiggle everthing in place but it fit fine. Just came from the local Dynojet tuning center and here is my curve. It scanned a bit light so you may have to zoom in a bit. A bit louder than I anticipated but I think it is a great improvement over the Rineharts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am using a PCIIIusb - Originally using a modified Thunderheader map - but last week had a map built by a Dyna tuning center close by. I have a bit of deceleration popping but not much and only around 33-3600 RPM. Might need a bit more tuning in that area. Bike pulls great although I still want to upgrade to 103" barrels, or perhaps the Axtell 107". These pipes are loud - a bit more than I expected but they do sound excellent and once I am crusin they mellow out.
Mike

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
they are a wee bit on the loud side but i love mine. they are very unique in sound and looks for sure. throw up a few pictures when you can.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I have had my LSR for a while now and still love it. It gets a little quieter with time or maybe Im just goin deaf.

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
claydbal said:
anyone have a pic of the inside of the lsr muffler? would like to see the baffle they use.

thanks
I believe the 2.5-inch 2 - 1 pro stock is not baffled. I have the 3-inch 2 - 1 and I think it has an hourglass shaped core.

·
Registered
746 Posts
DEW how would you rate the loudness compared to say a set of V&H Big shots?

I have mine ordered should be here this week (Man the wait is a killer) and I hoping it will not be louder than my Pipe now, I already get the evil eye from neighbors..:whistle:

·
Registered
798 Posts
AZFXSTB said:

I have mine ordered should be here this week (Man the wait is a killer) and I hoping it will not be louder than my Pipe now, I already get the evil eye from neighbors..:whistle:
I cant comment on a comparison to the bigshots but with your compression it should sound sweet:thumbsup: It WILL be louder than the Pythons!

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
AZFXSTB said:

well i know my prostock is louder than the VH straight shots for sure. one of the guys i ride with has them on a stock 103 and there is no comparison between the two, mine is def louder. my engine is a high comp build tho so that def makes a big difference.

fortunately for me i have forgiving neighbors, and most of them have known me throughout my life. i have always had bikes, and none of them were very quite...lol. they do occasionally make a few well intended wise cracks, but i cant hear them...go figure.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
thanks guys for the pics. the baffle looks familiar! i guess rb spends lots of time on actual pipe design instead of cool looks or sound!!

what a concept!

hey tote, is the lsr or pro pipe legal in the amra street classes?

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
claydbal said:
thanks guys for the pics. the baffle looks familiar! i guess rb spends lots of time on actual pipe design instead of cool looks or sound!!

what a concept!

hey tote, is the lsr or pro pipe legal in the amra street classes?
yes

If you go to the link I've posted here and go page down about 1/4 of the way, you see "Baggers Get Air" picture of Danny Arnold's SD class bagger and his note mentions running RB's Pro Stock Challenge pipe on his 107".

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsrprostock.htm

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Strange as it may sound I don't mind that particular emblem. I have gone to no small degree to remove or leave off as much embleming as possible, including HD , on my train. My LSR's showed up with out the emblem an it showed up with the rivets some time later. After some thought I stuck it on. I guess when I go to a bike event and I see gobs of bikes with the same V&H etc. I dont mind since I have never run across another LSR B. I have seen 1 C.

·
Registered
746 Posts
machinist said:
I have never run across another LSR B. I have seen 1 C.
That was one of the main reasons...it isn't a common pipe the looks are KILLER and so far it sounds like performance will be there too...can't wait to join the club~!Awesome!

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
i like the looks and sound, but most of all the performance. the R&B logo is not an issue for me, and i dont feel it detracts from my bike at all, imho.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts