V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with these? Found a few posts and I am aware of the long wait time. Dewey has some on a bike on his site. Do these perform as well or better than other 2-1 systems like pro pipe, thunderheader etc.? I have 95" scottsman build. How is the sound? I like the look. Its different than others.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
From personal experience on my 103", they did not do as good as Thunderheaders. I have heard that the delivery issues have been resolved but don't know first hand.

How did you get a 95" scotsman build on an '03 Suzuki

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,852 Posts
csoday said:
From personal experience on my 103", they did not do as good as Thunderheaders.
Could you elaborate please?

Joe

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
2-1's are needed for low end torque. That is my only concern when rating pipes. To me, looks, sound and HP are completly irrelevant. On the dyno, torque peaked higher and sooner.

·
Jack ***
470 Posts
The sound is pretty deep and not that loud until you get on it.
I always say it sounds more like a big block with headers than a V-Twin.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,852 Posts
csoday said:
2-1's are needed for low end torque. That is my only concern when rating pipes. To me, looks, sound and HP are completly irrelevant. On the dyno, torque peaked higher and sooner.
Yeah, I'm with that. I've got an E-pipe on mine. So, are you saying that the TH makes better torque than the LSR?

Joe

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think the LSR-1 is the best 2-1 pipe going. At least from my limited amount of experience with that style of pipe. That being said I took them off and put back on my longshots. Running thunder monsters and just like them a bit better. keepem sharp

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
klondike said:
I think the LSR-1 is the best 2-1 pipe going. At least from my limited amount of experience with that style of pipe. That being said I took them off and put back on my longshots. Running thunder monsters and just like them a bit better. keepem sharp
What do you like better about them? Louder, quieter, lopier, ????

Thanks!

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
cdirk said:
Anyone have any experience with these? Found a few posts and I am aware of the long wait time. Dewey has some on a bike on his site. Do these perform as well or better than other 2-1 systems like pro pipe, thunderheader etc.? I have 95" scottsman build. How is the sound? I like the look. Its different than others.
I was talking with them about 6 months ago about their EFI system. Didn't know they made exhausts. Mentioned another exhaust I was looking at. Guy turned into a real J#$% A%%. Won't ever buy anything from them. Have since learned there is much better equipment out there than theirs.

·
GoFast!
263 Posts
I was talking with them about 6 months ago about their EFI system. Didn't know they made exhausts. Mentioned another exhaust I was looking at. Guy turned into a real J#$% A%%. Won't ever buy anything from them. Have since learned there is much better equipment out there than theirs.
I couldn't get past their childish website about their pipes. "Neener neener, our pipes are better than anyone elses". C'mon now.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well the sound first off all. I know that shouldn't drive a person to pick a particular pipe but with the thunder monsters I have not heard a better sounding bike than mine, and I ain't just saying that either. Secondly is the mid range pull seems to be a bit better with the longshots and TM's. I am talking 3rd-5th gear. Although the power seems to peak a bit earlier with the LSR and then flatten out in mid range and then really picks up at above 4k rpms. The low end and upper end seems better with the LSR. Torquier in first and second and then when going from 4th to 5th hang on cause it comes on stronger.

How's this. The LSR isn't as smooth when getting on it. But there is a definet power band it likes, that is low end and upper end. with the LS's and the TM's the power band seems a bit flat in first and second and then you start to really feel the pull of the bike in the mid range. I mean alot too. Seems that rpm is where I ride the most anyways. I also had fitment issues with the header pipes into the collector on the LSR. They always blew wind no matter what I did short of putting clamps on the pipes. May do that yet. I will say there mounting system is novel and I stand by my statement that they are the best 2-1 I have used. Well only used one other but it was a good one. Hope all this helps. keepem sharp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts