V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Totenkopf said:
Are you thinking of putting these on a race bike? They are designed for high rpm performance.

I use the baffled version so I don't lose the low end torque for street riding. The baffled version is plenty loud, by the way. The internal baffle on mine is about 7" long with a 2" - 2.25" diameter straight through core. Not much baffling going on there but just enough for a street bike.
No. Im thinking of putting it on a stock 883. I was thinking it might be louder than Im wanting or expecting, with no baffles. I'll rethink the baffled version. I like the short, business look but I can learn to like the longer baffled version in light of its performance qualities. Then I will get to the rest of stage one and put on an O2 sensor and gague. What a real nice feature that is.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have read their website, front to back. There is a lot to absorb. I have to agree with his statement. The black hole is the most quiet because it has baffles. They are designed well, with performance in mind and baffles have an inside diameter of 2" which is the same diameter as the head pipe. Its all magic to me. The 2-1 is not baffled but is longer than the Pro Stock which has a very short merge collector and thus makes more loud.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was initally attracted to the product because they are the only maker I have found that wants to talk about their product. The popular, main stream makers dont even want to give you good pictures much less talk about their goods. If Im gonna throw down 6 or 8 hundred bucks on something I have not even laid my hands on, I at least want to know something about it. I saw you were running the LSR 2-1. You have the rubber mounted motor? Does the difference in weight between the factory system and the 2-1 have any effect on vibration on your bike? Also, if I may continue to bend your ear, does the 2-1 hang lower than the frame under the motor? My lift needs to hang over the sides of the frame beneath the engine and Im concerned it may conflict with the pipes. Is the clearance for your feet well designed and do you need heat shields on the 2-1?

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Maybe I have this wrong, but I figured the the air/fule ratio was pretty much a fixed deal unless you can get to the bottom of your carb to adjust it and on my XL it looks like you have to take off the carb to adjust it. What can you do every time you ride that this gague tell you? And thanks for putting up with my 20 questions.... I am very interested. I may order a set of 2-1 in a few days. I heard it takes a few weeks to get delivery and I would like to be ready for spring when it gets here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.