V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
about to pull the trigger on the 1 3/4 2-1 for my bagger (first "tweak"). i hope everything turns out OK. think i will watch this post.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
don't do that......

jnbernstein said:
someone runnin' a blackhole with efi pm me before this pipe ends up hangin' on the garage wall. thanks
there is always eBay %[email protected]

what seems to be the problem? could it be tuning and not the pipes?

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,871 Posts
Fellas, there are a few of us around here who'd like the skinny on these pipes too.

Joe

·
Registered
541 Posts
I would have to say RB racing makes great pipes. I have the LSR-1 slash cut with the xtra 5" added to them on my bagger off and on. They make mucho power and it comes on quick. Now currently put back on my Longshots with thunder monsters. Reason being is two fold. First off I was getting a little exhaust bleed on the LSR's, second the sound of the LS's is in a word superb. You can hear each pulse beat it seems of the engine. I will put the LSR's back on I am sure this spring after I get really cleaned up as I dod think they make more power. I don't think you can go wrong with any RB pipe. Folks are helpfull and they stand by there products even when you buy them used as I did. keepem sharp

PS I realize you were asking about the black holes. The LSR's are great to as I am sure the BH's are. Do a search, been alot written on both from them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been thinking about putting the LSR's on my 05 RKClassic. Want the power and a Harley that sounds like one without all my neighbors hating me. How loud are they, Putting and getting on it . Thanks

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Lsr 2-1

Klondike, how loud were those 2-1's you had on your bike? I'm trying to dicide between them and the black hole.
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
RB Racing LSR 2-1 are great pipes IMO. Quality and performance gains are outstanding. I've got them on my 04 Road King Custom. When I had my motor built the tuner told me that he easily surpassed hp and tq numbers that he really had to tweak for on the same type build with Rineharts. As far as how loud they are, well, all I can tell you is that they are not as loud as my friends Night Train with V&H straight shots and they are louder than my buddies Roadglide with V&H true duals. Personally I think they are the best sounding pipe out there when you rip the throttle open. My favorite comment so far was that my bike sounded like a WWII radial engine fighter. :thumbsup:

Just my -2$en#e-

·
fair to partly cloudy
80 Posts
LavaKing said:
Personally I think they are the best sounding pipe out there when you rip the throttle open. My favorite comment so far was that my bike sounded like a WWII radial engine fighter.
A WWII radial engine fighter is the theme for my fatboy (I would like to put something off a fighter on the bike eventualy) and the LSR 2in1 was the perfect pipe for both the look and the sound.

they are quite loud when getting on it. I don't know how loud the black holes are. they were kinda big and bulky looking for what I was going for.

my only complaint other that being a little too loud is that damn logo they insist on riveting onto the pipe. I wish they would simply emboss the logo on like everyone else does. the rivets get loose then the black soot around the edges then the drill comes out and the logo comes off

any one got ideas on what to fill those little holes with :huh:

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
otomatic said:
any one got ideas on what to fill those little holes with :huh:
How about a black rivet with the black rtv they suggest for the slip connection...... :hmmm:

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Tx_Outlaw said:
How about a black rivet with the black rtv they suggest for the slip connection...... :hmmm:
Black RTV??

I just got my LSR and they came with no instructions at all. I just assumed it was a tight slip fit. Am I going to have to use the RTV?? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Yes, you should. It's the Ultra Black. There are no instructions in the box. Check out the website for install instructions.
I installed the front pipe first. It seems to me, it might be easier to do the rear pipe first now.

·
fair to partly cloudy
80 Posts
Cop_Stanger said:
Black RTV??

I just got my LSR and they came with no instructions at all. I just assumed it was a tight slip fit. Am I going to have to use the RTV?? :unsure:
definately use the RTV otherwise the pieces will fuse together then getting them back off again for that cam change later will be a big pain in the arse

1 - 14 of 14 Posts