V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi chaps, searched like hell for a answer to my prob but.....every body said the rattle i have on my 93fxr is end float, i would agree but i have chkd it so many times and tis ok. all this started when i did a minor rebuild, new rings reground the valves, guides were ok. put a new genuine harley cam cover on. it had a ev27 cam in before with no probs, ive done just about every thing i can think of, chkd lifers, ok chkd end float, ok i put last year a set of tp rocker covers on with no issues. this rattle comes in at dead on 55 mile per h. or 2500rev. now i do have a slight burr forming on the bottom of the ally inner push rod tube{ezzy out types} one of the rods has a distinct were mark about ten mll deep, 40mill down from the top. cant see where that comes from as all the rods are straight. im not bad with a spanner but have reached the end with this one. any ideas out there

·
Registered
54 Posts
good luck Friend---I fought the excat same noise for a year--replaced-replaced & replaced parts-indy mechanic said I was just anal about noise------
only way I fixed was trading for a new bike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rattle at 2500 rev

wish it was that simple, dont wanna get rid of the fxr, done to much to it plus she handles real well ya know. this rattle aint just anoying, it sounds like its terminal but i cant find any real issues with any parts, and why should it start after a 4month lay up and a few parts, help help, every thing has its reasons

·
Registered
2 Posts
Centralise the rocker carrier before tightening up. I had same on top end rebuild, marks on push rods and associated rattle at 2500 rpm (approx) hope this helps.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
only at 2500 ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts