V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....for taking the dealer wrench's word at face value

I go and get a 5K maintenance. Get 3 miles down the road, "check engine" light comes on. Turn around. Wrench pulls up a DTC code, can't find out what the key is, has to call around, finally tells me it's a "minor exhaust code" possibly a problem with my stage 1 and SEIIs. Maybe a bad flash. He resets it, tells me to ride it, see what happens, don't worry unless it comes on and stays on. Stupid me says..."duh...ok" and off I go.

Took just a couple of quick trips since then, and yes the frigg'in light keeps coming on and off. Running just a wee bit rough as well, maybe its the Stay-bil I got in there for the winter...what the hell do I know, I'm not much of a wrench.

Ok, I've had enough, do a quick search on the VTF, find out how to check my DTC. Up pops P1353: "Front Cylinder No Combustion, EFI". Yeah, you guessed it, the DA had not properly secured the wire on my front cylinder spark. For Fck'ssake!! How hard is it to figure that out!! I secure the wire, ride for an hour this afternoon, no problems at all. I'm no wrench but pleeezzzeeee!!

Lessons learned:
(a) Do your own maintenance if you can (not that I can)
(b) This forum is worth the money
(c) Don't take the wrench's word as Gospel, go get a second opinion
(d) Item "c" above goes for doctors, lawyers and any other authority figure...

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Good post billymac. It may have been a small thing, but it's another testament to a great forum.

·
Retired
1,834 Posts
Way to go billymac!

·
Retired
1,834 Posts
Rode my bike to the dealer today to get the fuel gauge fixed and the fuel pickup hose replaced. Threw a code a couple of months ago at about a 1/4 tank. Code finally went away keeping the tank topped off. I found out about the pickup hose problem here about a year ago.
I coulda fixed it myself,but with the warranty running out next April and the bike never been to the service department since I bought it,figured I would take a chance.
Thanks to this site,I knew exactly what was wrong before I took it in and was able to tell the service writer what it was.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
I have a fairly bad case of hemorrhoids right now. It's just one that's popped out, hurts like hell and bleeds a bit. How do you suggest I go about getting rid of this thing without a trip to the doc or dealer? Prep H ain't help'in much.

Thank ya sir.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
timbo said:
I have a fairly bad case of hemorrhoids right now. It's just one that's popped out, hurts like hell and bleeds a bit. How do you suggest I go about getting rid of this thing without a trip to the doc or dealer? Prep H ain't help'in much.

Thank ya sir.
3/8" drill, 3/4" unibit and bottle of tequila. I recommend an assistant as squatting over a mirror after downing the tequila might not be the way to go.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
timbo said:

Thank ya sir.
kerosene and zippo

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts

·
Banned
17,239 Posts
hemorrhoids

sometimes a problem is no laughing matter, unless it happens to someone else. A 'roid is a flab of skin that has strangulated itself and is now swelling up with edema. If you straighten it out the body will wash away the edema. Put some vaseline on your finger, reach underneath, and literally push it back up into the colon. Do this a few times a day and in a day or two it will fix itself. They are usually caused by too much straining for a BM or sitting on the pot too long reading the newspaper or eating dinner. You might want to also get a stool softener to make things easier.
Fred
who reads the paper a lot

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
It would have been ok if I could have made it through my whole life without reading a post like this.

Fred1369 said:
sometimes a problem is no laughing matter, unless it happens to someone else. A 'roid is a flab of skin that has strangulated itself and is now swelling up with edema. If you straighten it out the body will wash away the edema. Put some vaseline on your finger, reach underneath, and literally push it back up into the colon. Do this a few times a day and in a day or two it will fix itself. They are usually caused by too much straining for a BM or sitting on the pot too long reading the newspaper or eating dinner. You might want to also get a stool softener to make things easier.
Fred
who reads the paper a lot

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:huh: .....we all can be accused of taking ourselves too seriously sometimes but geez!

·
Banned
4,141 Posts
After what Fred put up I am almost ashamed to offer my sandpaper and rubbing alcohol solution.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
If you're seriuos go to the doc and get the "roids" lassoed.I had it done last summer and it's great with them gone. If ya need more info, just email me! :eek:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Talk about a major thread hijack....

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
newbieHD said:
If you're seriuos go to the doc and get the "roids" lassoed.I had it done last summer and it's great with them gone. If ya need more info, just email me! :eek:
Wow, had to get that little doggie lassoed huh?

Whoever thinks this forum isn't worth the price isn't reading very closely at all!

Maybe Dprice needs to setup a medical advice section as well.... :roflback:

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
newbieHD said:
Yeah I've read about that banding. Sounds awfully uncomfortable. The laser looks like the best option. Damn, I gotta figure out a way to lay on my stomach through the day at work. If this don't get better within a few days I'm going to the dealer. Errr..... I mean the doctor.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I put up with them for more years than I want to admit to. Too many heavy squats I guess. Finally got fed up, got the courage and had them looped and burned out. Slept with my ass in the air for two nights.
Dont fool around..it'll only come back..and summers coming ..makes it hard to be in the saddle for long rides.
Most severely hijacked thread for sure.....just glad I could contribute.

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What happened to this thread? Yikes!! Looks like it got hijacked down a dark dirt road!! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts