V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
carb jetting problems

i am jetting my carb . i had a pro pipe w 195 main 48 idle and clip for pin in middle slot ran great. now i put on v&h fat shots? i put 200main 48i clip in top slot runs ok but not right. tried clip at bottom ran bad .what direction should i go .

:hmmm: what jets an clip setting for 2000fatboy 211 cam fat shots

2000 fatboy 211 cams v&h fat shots what jet what clip setting

hdmd88 said:
To a Dyno....thats the best direction to go!!!!
???????????????

what jets to use

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
randu said:
i am jetting my carb . i had a pro pipe w 195 main 48 idle and clip for pin in middle slot ran great. now i put on v&h fat shots? i put 200main 48i clip in top slot runs ok but not right. tried clip at bottom ran bad .what direction should i go .
To a Dyno....thats the best direction to go!!!!

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
randu said:
???????????????
I know enough about carbs to tell you you need to put it on a dyno, some one telling another person what jets to run when hes half way across the country is giving you false information. If you have a dyno YOU should know what to do with it and how to jet a carb. Now if you want a STARTING point then tune it I can give you that but the information is ONLY a starting point.
211 cam...95''....bad pipes....start with a 185 main, needle on the 4th groove from the top and a 48 pilot...then use your dyno to dial it in. The pilot jet will fuel from off idle to 2500rpm...the needle will fuel from 2500rpm to 4500 rpm and the main will take it from 4500 rpm to red line. Read thefuel line and adjust where needed. Your going to have a tough time from 2500 to 3500 dialing it in with those pipes.....but good luck anyway.

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
In the process of trying to combine several redundant threads I inadvertently lost some of the posts. My Apologies. I know what I did wrong and won't make the same mistake again.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
springer- said:
In the process of trying to combine several redundant threads ...
Several?!? I like randu's "shotgun" approach. Gets a lot of attention -- usually the wrong kind.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
To tune your carb (ballpark) W/O a dyno you have to do some more testing. A 200 sounds fat, if the bike ran stronger with the 195 change it back. Try the 190 185 ect. If you get the chance for a dyno run then it could be made spot on, but mean wile go by MPG, how it runs and how the plugs look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts