V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it goin everyone. I had street bikes before owning my street glide but never made it to the track, well ive been bit by the track bug. I have an 07 street glide with a big sucker, thunderheader 2 into 1 and just a harley download for now. I ran a 13.4 at 97 first time down the track ever. What are these things capable of with these basic upgrades. I know I have some changes to make myself for a better time but how hard is it to get these things in the low 12's, with out major modifications. I am kinda new to the v-twin thing coming from 4 cyl bikes. Lookin to dump about 1000 to 1500 in it here real soon. Im kinda lookin at a wet 30-40 shot with a good tune. What do you guys think, thanks
:beatdh:

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well you know first run jitters.... And it was like 40 degrees last night I wasnt real confortable.
r/t .003
60' 2.043
330' 5.562
1/8 8.517 mph 81.96
1/4 13.441 mph 97.15
I was happy, not impressed but happy with a bagger with minor bolt on's and first time on the track. Startled me a little when the front end came up on me so easy. Just have to fine that happy medium launched around 3100-3300 rpm. I could probably get off the clutch a little faster too.

· Ironbutt
7,411 Posts
Hows it goin everyone. I had street bikes before owning my street glide but never made it to the track, well ive been bit by the track bug. I have an 07 street glide with a big sucker, thunderheader 2 into 1 and just a harley download for now. I ran a 13.4 at 97 first time down the track ever. What are these things capable of with these basic upgrades. I know I have some changes to make myself for a better time but how hard is it to get these things in the low 12's, with out major modifications. I am kinda new to the v-twin thing coming from 4 cyl bikes. Lookin to dump about 1000 to 1500 in it here real soon. Im kinda lookin at a wet 30-40 shot with a good tune. What do you guys think, thanks
:beatdh:
You've done about all you can without changing some internal parts. Next step would be to go to a 103 CI with matching cam. You might be able to get that done for $1500 if you do the work yourself. Of course you'll need a dyno tune on top of that. Another option would be to get a Power Commander from some place like Fuel Moto that already has a custom map installed. The nice thing about this option is you don't have to get a new dyno tune every time you change something.

One thing i would be concerned about is the crank. The stock crank on these bikes is not designed to withstand a lot of increased power and especially track abuse. If you plan on doing a lot of track time then have it trued and welded - not cheap but you have to pay to play.

· Premium Member
11,924 Posts
well you know first run jitters.... And it was like 40 degrees last night I wasnt real confortable.
r/t .003
60' 2.043
330' 5.562
1/8 8.517 mph 81.96
1/4 13.441 mph 97.15
I was happy, not impressed but happy with a bagger with minor bolt on's and first time on the track. Startled me a little when the front end came up on me so easy. Just have to fine that happy medium launched around 3100-3300 rpm. I could probably get off the clutch a little faster too.
great reaction time. cold killed your tire, explains slow 60 ft. get it hooked and you will see your baseline. did you burn the tire?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didnt exactly blow the tire off but I felt it skate out a bit then after it hooked it carried the tire i dunno how much you just know the feeling. What is safe on this bottom end? Even if i decide to spray im not gonna do more then 15 a jug... And i was thinkin a mild cam with a custom map via either pciii, sert or what ever my tuner prefers. And that will do for now. But we all no its never enough.

· Premium Member
11,924 Posts
i considered a tall cam with low compression, and spray. maybe a 55 @ 10 to 1. this would let the motor hook off the line, then hit second and push the button. if tire holds, forget 60 ft, just let HP pull ya through the traps. aint tried it, but sounds cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.