V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow begins the rallye Dakar, the most hard and dangerous race of the world and perhaps one of the last adventures.

the race is 90% off road and i have a big surprise when i've seen a Harley-Davidson in the middle of lot's of KTM's and similar!!

You can see more on:http://www.hogwildracing.com/
And the bike is a V-Rod based trike

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Thanks for the info and link. I always look forward to this event. It is going to be interesting to see how this team does. All of the KTM teams are VERY well funded and organized so they will be hard to beat. I think my favorite class is the big diesel trucks. It cracks me up seeing them drive over sand doons and other terrain that I wouldn't drive a dirt bike over. Let alone a semi.....:yikes:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
jellopis said:
Tomorrow begins the rallye Dakar, the most hard and dangerous race of the world and perhaps one of the last adventures.

the race is 90% off road and i have a big surprise when i've seen a Harley-Davidson in the middle of lot's of KTM's and similar!!

You can see more on:http://www.hogwildracing.com/
And the bike is a V-Rod based trike
Very cool. :cool:

Thanks for keeping us up to date jellopis! :)

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FATVETTE said:
Thanks for the info and link. I always look forward to this event. It is going to be interesting to see how this team does. All of the KTM teams are VERY well funded and organized so they will be hard to beat. I think my favorite class is the big diesel trucks. It cracks me up seeing them drive over sand doons and other terrain that I wouldn't drive a dirt bike over. Let alone a semi.....:yikes:
The team of Var De Rooy, with the two DAF truck monsters are out of the race for a problem with homologations. But the KAMAZ of Kavirov are as impressive as the DAF

Last year a friend of me has died on the race , it's very dageureuse and perhaps the hardest race of the world, the cars running baja must be very reinforced to support ten days at 100 milles by hour over the sand.

And the bike pilots are perhaps the heros of the race, because supoort that over a bike is very, very hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts