V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any suggestions to increase rake on '00 superglide. Maybe somebody has used a certain triple tree and fork tube set up. thks

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Truckman, there are several ways to get more rake on your FXD. Keep in mind that the proper way would be to get a qualified frame man to cut and weld a new neck angle for you. There are other ways but keep in mind that they will change the trail on your bike. The handling will be affected but staying within say 3 degrees want be too terribly bad. The ride would be similar to lowering only the rear of the bike as far as the ride feel goes. Extremes in excess of 3 degrees can be very very dangerous. One way to rake with this in mind would be to use 3 deg. raked neck cups. This would be the least expensive way. Another would be to use raked triple trees or adjustable rake triple trees. Like I say, they are available but not recomended. There are far less stable handling bikes out there than ones using a raked tree but if it were me I wouldn't do it just for looks unless i did it right which is to have it welded.

neck cup kits:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fifthgear, thanks for the info. wasn't looking to do anything extreme, but just a hair more rake. neck cup kits just might be it. gonna check'em out. thks.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Truckman, i've stumbled across them in various places. I think that V-TWIN Manufacturing carries them. If you don't have a catalog you can order one from their site. An authorized dealer phone number that I show on an old catalog is ZOOM CYCLE 1-888-316-1994. I'm sure there are other places on the web to order them but I don't know off hand. I saw this one a couple of weeks ago on ebay...you might email him and see if he has some more or who to get them from.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1836956716&sspagename=ADME:B:dS:US:3

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fifthgear, appreciate the info. emailed the ebay vendor to see if he has more. I couldn't find these in any online catalogue. if he doesn't have anymore he can probably get'em. thks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts