V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,518 Posts
buy and install longer tubes a d sbocks,, plan on replacing the stand,,, do it all at once,, you wilĺ thank yourself later..

my main advice is,,, buy the bike you want,,, not the one you think you want,,, research is your friend.. harley has no issues whatsoever,,, selling you several bikes a year and taking the old one in trade,,, it's what they do...

·
Registered
309 Posts
One more problem I failed to mention in my previous post. I'm now running Progressive Suspension 13.5" 418 shocks on my 05 Dyna Super Glide. Originally it had 12" H-D shocks. My mechanic had trouble installing the right lower shock mount bolt because of interference from the rear muffler. Running any shocks longer then 13.5" will necessitate you to dismount the rear muffler to install the right shock plus you still may have a clearance problem between the muffler and the lower shock bolt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
a raised low rider, now there's an oxymoron, kind of like jumbo shrimp. sorry no help just a smart arse response.
Actually my 04 FXDL came factory at the nose bleed height or 33 front fully adjustable and 13 back fully adjustable. Odd but it did after we did a build sheet from Harley.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a 2000 FXD that I've raised a couple of inches. I used +2" fork tubes from Forking by Frank (very impressed with their service) and Andreani cartridges. On the back I put on 14.25" Ohlins that I got through Kraus. This thing is so much more fun to ride. As for the extra lean on the kickstand I went to Metal Supermarkets and picked up a chunk of ~1" thick aluminum and cut the piece to fit on the underside of the kickstand foot. You can also go to the bung king website and order one up. I made my own because the shipping costs to Canada made it ridiculous.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts