V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 06 rk,fi,wild pig pipes,se air cleaner,and 211 cams.needs compression with either pistons or early set of se heads that i have.would you use the se big bore high compression pistons or use flat top pistons and use the se heads?looking for more torque so i didnt know if the heads would hurt the torque as compared to using the stock heads to get the compression up.i know should have probably used the 204 cams but i had the 211 .

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
You mention the big bore so I'll assume you are or are going to be a 95"...if you feel the power comes on too late for you now (because of the 211s)...I would recommend the S.E. Cast 10.25:1 pistons. The S.E. heads will get you the compression but I feel they will keep the power in the upper rpms.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
gpp said:
i know should have probably used the 204 cams but i had the 211 .
You could always pull the 211's peddle them and install the 204's. I would much rather pull cams and change them than yank the cylinders and screw around changing pistons.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Increase

gpp said:
i have a 06 rk,fi,wild pig pipes,se air cleaner,and 211 cams.needs compression with either pistons or early set of se heads that i have.would you use the se big bore high compression pistons or use flat top pistons and use the se heads?looking for more torque so i didnt know if the heads would hurt the torque as compared to using the stock heads to get the compression up.i know should have probably used the 204 cams but i had the 211 .
We prefer to raise the compression with pistons,vs re-surface, as that can affect other things.

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
gpp said:

I would use flat top forged pistons, have the heads refreshed / resurfaced and use .030 Cometic head gasket. I've built this build before and it runs strong in baggers.

{salute( :spank: {salute(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts