V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a 4,000 mile trip this August, one of the stops being Sturgis. I need to buy a good quality rain suit that is easily packable, not too hot and good quality. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
There are so many different types out there...I'd just make sure that it is made out of gortex.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
I use a FrogToggs. It works well doesn't cost much. Hates exhaust pipes.

From what I have been told by long distance touring people www.motoport.com has some good gear.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
wkohn,

I treat my Frogg Toggs rain pants right leg to a piece from one of those gray ironing board covers. Just cut it to fit and glue it on with some kind of fabric glue my wife had. Works like a champ to prevent burned holes.

·
Registered
479 Posts
HD makes about 3 two-piece models. The older models have boot covers built into the pants, but if your boot doesn't fit, you have to cut it off. Get the spearate H-D gators.

Cortech has a one-piece reasonably priced. My wife uses this one and likes it.

I have a Triumph one-piece. It's easy to get into and very water and wind proof. It has 2 zippers that zip from chest to ankles. It lacks access to any inside pockets and stirrups.

Some swear by Aerostich Darien suits. They are all-weather capable, but some say they are not cool enough above 75 deg.

If I had it to do over, I'd get a 2-piece so I could get into an inside pocket easier and be able to get my electric liner wire out to plug it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts