V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I have a 2005 flhtcui with the stock radio. I am in the progress of removing the tour pack and making it detachable. I have removed all the wires that attach to the tourpack either by cutting them and installing a connector or by diconnecting them with the connectors already in place. I have cut the AM/FM antenna wire.

After doing all this and removing the tourpack, the radio will not turn on. Period. No LCD, no sound, no controls. I checked all fuses and have found power on the black connector going into the radio on pins 10 and 20 (service manual says these are the battery power pins).

Here's the questions....Is the radio fried? In removing the rear attachments, did I fry it? If it is fried, would it be better to refurb or go aftermarket?

Thanks for any assistance. I am seriously in a hole right now. I need to go have a few and forget the day.

Steel

·
WFO
817 Posts
So you have 12 volts to the radio? How about your ground on a Classic it should be somoewhere on the front of the neck no gound to circuit. Aftermarket radio will give you many options and better sound

1 - 2 of 2 Posts