V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to mount a radar detector on their bike yet ? I am thinking suction cups and just sticking it on the airbox. I havent owned a detector in about 10 years, so any recomendations on brand etc. would be appreciated. Maybe I could even carry something in pocket if it was battery powered ?
Anyway, thanks in advance,
Fugly

·
Registered
603 Posts
On my other bikes I used velcro on top of the front brake master cylinder. The main problem is not being able to hear the warnings at speed and if you keep trying to look at the alert lights, you'll get into a wreck. You can use a piece of latex tubing, one end taped to the detector speaker, the other end inside your helmet. Another way I have seen is the detector attached to the side of the helmet, if you wear one. Passport makes a good battery powered detector, no hassle with power wires, small. Having said that, I don't use a detector anymore, the local yokels and state troopers don't bother with MC's anymore, unless you are doing a wheelie as you blow by them at 120 mph.

JMS

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jms,
I'll look into the Passports, that might be what I'm looking for.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
I run a Passport 8500 on My Ducati and will adapt one for my V-rod.It has a spot for a single ear port that I bought at Radio shack for $4.00!It fits right under my helmet and is as loud as you would ever want!
Kaz.............

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link Fcoxwell, I'll check it out. SuperKaz, where do you mount the detector on your Ducati ? That's what I need is something with a single earplug.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
They make a custom kit that has a left side replacement bar that a trick "Swivel Mount" bolts to. It is very Sano.My ducati guy Mike Lancaster at LVHD/Ducati's friend invented it for the Duc's!
Kaz...........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts